Author Topic: Split second pause before GSX vehicles show up  (Read 2204 times)

WebMaximus

Split second pause before GSX vehicles show up
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:34:02 pm »
I've noticed when using GSX there's always a split second pause when the simulator sort of freezes at the same moment you select the operator and just before the vehicles show up.

I remember there was a similar issue in FS2Crew for the PMDG NGX happening right after asking the FO to run through the secure aircraft checklist and luckily Bryan was able to find the culprit and fix it.

Is there any chance you could do the same for GSX stopping this split second pause/freeze from happening?

When you're in VR using a pair of Oculus Rift glasses in my case and the FlyInside software this split second pause/freeze means you'll be thrown out from VR to the FlyInside menus before you are shortly thereafter returned to the normal VR view again. This happens automatically so that is all good and in that way this isn't a show stopper...just a bit annoying.

I remember this happened also when running on a normal 2D display so it's not related to running in VR via the FlyInside software. It's just more noticeable in VR and thus more annoying.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Split second pause before GSX vehicles show up
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:01:39 pm »
I remember there was a similar issue in FS2Crew for the PMDG NGX happening right after asking the FO to run through the secure aircraft checklist and luckily Bryan was able to find the culprit and fix it.

Is there any chance you could do the same for GSX stopping this split second pause/freeze from happening?

Just because there's a pause, it doesn't mean the reason, let alone a possible "fix", would be the same. In this case, I think the pause you are referring to, is the time the sim takes to find the Simobjects GSX asked for.

At that time, GSX it's just asking for a title and, with all the different liveries and vehicles variations, the sim is searching through thousands of files so, considering what is doing, is fairly quick. It's likely the pause duration is related to the total number of Simobjects you have installed so, for example, if you have 10.000 AI models, it would add to the search time too.

Unfortunately, this is totally outside of our control.

It might be nice if we could tell the sim to only look into a specific folder, when creating a Simboject but, that's not how it works: you just supply the name of the object, and the sim will find it in every folder it knows were Simobjects can be located.

WebMaximus

Re: Split second pause before GSX vehicles show up
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 02:35:39 pm »
Thanks for the thorough explanation Umberto and I guess you could be right the pause gets a bit longer since I have lots of AI models installed both WoAI as well as MT6.

Not a big deal, just thought it would be nice if this pause could have been eliminated somehow but then I know that's not possible.
Richard Åsberg