Author Topic: Standard pushback availability  (Read 3033 times)

Guenseli

Standard pushback availability
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:33:10 pm »
Hello,

since a few updates, the standard pushback availability (direction) is set to none.

Now, since I seldom start at the same parking position I have always to enter first the airport editor.
Is there a way or an update planned to enable this direction and therefore the pushback for all airports as standard???

many thanks,
Günter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Standard pushback availability
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:08:07 am »
since a few updates, the standard pushback availability (direction) is set to none.

Since the first GSX release, the Pushback availability has always been related to the pushback preference specified in the AFCAD of the scenery in use. Nothing has changed, it's always being like this.

After the scenery editor has been released, you now have the chance to override what's inside the AFCAD, without having to edit the AFCAD itself. But that doesn't mean that a "default" strategy has changed, nothing has changed: the AFCAD pushback is used to indicate GSX what pushback direction to use (or "None", for no pushback), the only difference is that you can now override it with the scenery editor.

Is there a way or an update planned to enable this direction and therefore the pushback for all airports as standard???

First, this problem is almost related to 3rd party sceneries, because all default sceneries have proper pushback directions defined. The issue is, many sceneries (especially freeware) which used ADE to edit their AFCADs, have all parkings set to "None", because that's what ADE defaults to, and it doesn't offer an easy way to change it.

Since the GSX scenery editor allows to easily select one parking, an entire terminal, or even the *whole* airport ( by selecting the ICAO root node of the tree view ), and a parameter change will affect all selected objects, it's really too easy to simply select the whole airport and set the pushback preference to "Both", that it's not really needed having a separate option for a global GSX preference.

Which would be wrong to do anyway, because how do you decide if the "global" switch should have priority over what's is indicated in the AFCAD ? Not *all* AFCADs are missing the pushback preference, many of them have them corrected, so it will still be a matter of deciding, airport by airport, if using that option would make sense.

Which is exactly the same effort of opening the GSX scenery editor, select all parkings, and set the pushback to "Both", for those airports that, for some reasons, have everything set to "None".

Guenseli

Re: Standard pushback availability
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:38:47 am »
Hello Umberto,

yes, I start for 99% from addon airports, seems they have mostly set the parkings to "none"

Since the GSX scenery editor allows to easily select one parking, an entire terminal, or even the *whole* airport

Ah, that is sth. I haven't known!
Seems this is what I'm searching for!
Indeed you are right, a global option wouldn't make sense.

Many thanks for support!!!