Author Topic: Texture Issue GSX and ALL FSDT Airports  (Read 4648 times)

legitmv7

Texture Issue GSX and ALL FSDT Airports
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:44:10 am »
So..I'm having a problem with GSX and All of the FSDT airports I have. All are legal. Not torrented or anything. Let's start with GSX. When I start it up sometimes the vehicles are invisible as in the body is missing but the wheels and the driver is visible. When I'm being pushed back, the marshall is no where to be found. Now with the Airports, Let's say I do a flight from LAS-LAX. First of all LAS would open up totally fine and working. When I land in LAX the buildings will be invisible and there won't be any lights or anything. THIS DOESNT HAPPEN ALL OF THE TIME I FLY BUT IT DOES ABOUT 80% OF THE TIME. I don't know how to fix it. I tried reinstalling the products, and I even formatted my pc just for it and I'm still having the same problem. If I get lucky everything will work fine but most of the time it just doesnt and it pisses me off lol. Any help is appreciated! - Shane

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8528/2012811259318.png
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3613/20128112458116.png
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4923/201281125622.png

Phenom II X4 - 830 2.8Ghz ~ OC - 3.0Ghz
Zotac GT430 1GB DDR3 - Tweaked with nvidiainspector
4GB DDR3 RAM
7 x64
FSX minor tweaks - texture band = 80 and affinitymask = 14

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Texture Issue GSX and ALL FSDT Airports
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:22:15 am »
All are legal. Not torrented or anything

They surely are...no need to specify this, if they were "torrented", you wouldn't see *anything*

Let's start with GSX. When I start it up sometimes the vehicles are invisible as in the body is missing but the wheels and the driver is visible. When I'm being pushed back, the marshall is no where to be found.

This has been discussed many times, and it's not a GSX problem, but a problem in your settings. Some things to try are:

- Reset your video driver settings to all default. Don't use any external tweakers, and reset all default settings of a tweaker, before removing it.

- Update your video driver. Sometimes you might need to do a driver cleanup, especially if you used a tweaker. There are many free driver cleaner utility that can do this.

- Reset the FSX.CFG to default, by removing the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG and let FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Add the HIGHMEM = 1 fix in the FSX.CFG. You can do it more easily using the Addon Manager tweaks dialog.

THIS DOESNT HAPPEN ALL OF THE TIME I FLY BUT IT DOES ABOUT 80% OF THE TIME. I don't know how to fix it

That's normal, since the problem is not GSX or the sceneries, but a video driver problem, related to video memory corruption, it's normal you don't see it everyime, because it depends what you did and how the memory was used in the current session.

legitmv7

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:36:09 am »
Video card has the latest drivers. No betas. I read in another thread about the HIGHMEM fix so I'm using that now. If it happens again I'll just reset the fsx.cfg like you said. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 12:24:38 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 12:27:21 am »
Video card has the latest drivers. No betas

That doesn't really say much: sometimes older drivers are best than newer ones, depending on the combination of graphic card model used and software used. And sometimes beta versions might even work better than official releases, it all depends.

If you search in graphic cards forums, there are countless discussions on which driver version is best to use with a specific graphic chip (usually, the newer ones are better suited for the newest chips, while older chips *might* work better with previous releases), and with specific games.

legitmv7

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 06:40:05 am »
Video card has the latest drivers. No betas

That doesn't really say much: sometimes older drivers are best than newer ones, depending on the combination of graphic card model used and software used. And sometimes beta versions might even work better than official releases, it all depends.

If you search in graphic cards forums, there are countless discussions on which driver version is best to use with a specific graphic chip (usually, the newer ones are better suited for the newest chips, while older chips *might* work better with previous releases), and with specific games.
Alright I'll look around for some drivers then