Author Topic: UK2000 - EGCC  (Read 6819 times)

mikethe6th

UK2000 - EGCC
« on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »
Hi there,

Loving GSX but I'm having a slight issue at one add-on airport - EGCC by UK2000. All the other UK2000 airports are working fine.

EGCC is the only airport where it only gives me the option to "Select Parking Facility" - it then lists "Parking 1, 2 or 3." No options to park at a gate or anything else...

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: UK2000 - EGCC
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:33:53 pm »
EGCC is the only airport where it only gives me the option to "Select Parking Facility"

Not a very precise description of the problem. GSX will show the "Select Parking facility" in EVERY airport, when you are not parked on a gate. Since you don't say *where* you were located when you opened the GSX menu, it's not possible to say if this is a problem or simply the normal behaviour.

it then lists "Parking 1, 2 or 3." No options to park at a gate or anything else...

See above, that's normal, since that airport has 3 groups of parking spots of the "Parking type", GSX show the groups, which will THEN allow you to select a specific parking into a group. Again, this is the standard behaviour when you are outside of a parking spot.

If you were in a parking spot, chances are the AFCAD of the scenery has a problem, and perhaps GSX has reverted to the default AFCAD, which will likely not match parking positions.

To check which AFCAD is in use by GSX, open the "Customize parking positions" from the Couatl menu, it will tell which AFCAD is being read for the scenery in use.

mikethe6th

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:26:12 am »
Apologies for the lack of information but thanks for taking the time to reply.

When I say, 'Parking 1, 2 or 3' - they are physical locations whereas at every other airport it will list the appropriate gates. This happens if I land at EGCC or launch FSX already at a gate. Will check AFCAD details next time I have FSX open. Is it a simple job to point it to the UK2000 AFCAD file rather than the standard if that is the case?

Many thanks,

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:26:49 am »
Is it a simple job to point it to the UK2000 AFCAD file rather than the standard if that is the case?

No, because GSX selects automatically the correct one and if it hasn't, there must be some problem, like wrong/corrupted AFCAD or a problem with your Scenery Library (scenery in the wrong position)

a320wolf

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 04:10:09 pm »
Hi Mike,
Have you checked the AFCAD file located here http://www.uk2000scenery.com/afcad/index.htm ?

Norman Dean is updating some AFCAD for UK2000 sceneries to make them compatible with GSX.
Bye, Max

mikethe6th

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »
Is it a simple job to point it to the UK2000 AFCAD file rather than the standard if that is the case?

No, because GSX selects automatically the correct one and if it hasn't, there must be some problem, like wrong/corrupted AFCAD or a problem with your Scenery Library (scenery in the wrong position)

Thanks for your replies! It was due to it picking it up an incorrect AFCAD due to JustFlight's Traffic X. Not sure why this only affected this airport as the order in the scenery library was correct all along.

Thanks again,

Mike