Author Topic: latest patch and upgrade to gsx messed things up...  (Read 3155 times)

murfman89

latest patch and upgrade to gsx messed things up...
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:38:39 am »
opps, just ran the latest update 8/2012 both to gsx and couatl and now my service trucks have an attitude.  sometimes after calling luggage or boarding they just drift away.  i started at KATL with gwsim 757 today, started with catering, thats fine, then requested boarding and luggage got on board but no people.  so i closed and opened doors again, moved the jetway back and forth then the lady with the smoky voice started her announcements.  after the announcements nothing....ctrl f12 status says waiting for boarding to finish, but nothing happens for 10 minutes.  the mobile jetway just stays there.  tried closing all doors, moving jetway back, moving chalks and battery, still, no getting away from boarding.  this all started after get the update from august 2012.  before it worked fine.  ideas?  Oh, any way you can change the announcement lady from a smokey elderly to something a little more realistic (not my mom)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: latest patch and upgrade to gsx messed things up...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:48:57 am »
The problem you are reporting can't possibly caused by the update, since the update hasn't changed any of the previous objects models or animations.

If an animation doesn't start, it's likely you are seeing from a too far viewpoint and, FSX has an in-built optimization that turn off animations after a certain distance, they should go back to normal if you move your viewpoint closer.

johndrago

Re: latest patch and upgrade to gsx messed things up...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:09:49 pm »
opps, just ran the latest update 8/2012 both to gsx and couatl and now my service trucks have an attitude.  sometimes after calling luggage or boarding they just drift away.  i started at KATL with gwsim 757 today, started with catering, thats fine, then requested boarding and luggage got on board but no people.  so i closed and opened doors again, moved the jetway back and forth then the lady with the smoky voice started her announcements.  after the announcements nothing....ctrl f12 status says waiting for boarding to finish, but nothing happens for 10 minutes.  the mobile jetway just stays there.  tried closing all doors, moving jetway back, moving chalks and battery, still, no getting away from boarding.  this all started after get the update from august 2012.  before it worked fine.  ideas?  Oh, any way you can change the announcement lady from a smokey elderly to something a little more realistic (not my mom)?

Try downloading and installing the stand-alone add on manager again and install.  The update before last caused an issue, and a new update was released a couple dys ago.

John