Author Topic: Airbus X Boarding Problem  (Read 6537 times)

hmmc97

Airbus X Boarding Problem
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:29:41 am »
Hi all,
Whenever I board on GSX my artificial horizon begins heading into the blue section and rotating about 45 degrees on the Airbus X. Also the lights on the overhead panel disappear and I cannot start the engines. Can anyone shed any light on this one?

Cheers.

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
Re: Airbus X Boarding Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:04:37 am »
I have used GSX multiple time with the Airbus X, and have never experienced this problem before. Next time I start it up I'll watch to see if it does it though.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:55:40 am »
Can't reproduce this in any way.

The issue is: it's not even *theoretically* possible this could happen, since GSX does NOT write into ANY variable of the airplane, which might be potentially dangerous. It only READS its variables, and this can't possibly affect it.

hmmc97

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:21:20 am »
I just completed a flight in the Airbus X from Gold Coast to Sydney in Australia, not boarding at Gold Coast, but I offloaded at Sydney. When I offloaded at Sydney the error happened again so the problem lies within GSX. I only used GSX when I arrived.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 12:09:27 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm the problem can't be GSX, the explanation above should be very clear, in addition to the fact that nobody else reported it before, I can't reproduce it, the other user (flightsimcreator) confirmed there's no problem with GSX so, it's clear your problem is something else.

Don't lose your time trying to hunt the problem to be GSX, because it's NOT GSX and it just can't be GSX. I'll repeat it again: GSX DOES NOT write ANY airplane variables so, what you are describing can't be possibly caused by GSX, not even in theory.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 12:11:16 pm »
The reason for this is probably way more trivial: since GSX requires to stop your engines to get services, it's likely you forgot to turn on an alternative source of power ( ground power, apu ), so your battery died and all the instruments stopped working.

Not a GSX problem, of course, and it can happen with any airplane: if you turn off your engines without an alternate electrical power source, your battery will die.

FSUIPC has a setting to make the battery "immortal", if your airplane doesn't have alternate power sources.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:12:57 pm by virtuali »

hmmc97

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 12:55:11 pm »
I realise that you think it isn't causing it (I don't see why either), but I'm 90% sure it is causing it. I have confirmed that I do have all the power sources on (APU, EXT PWR). It only happens when I use GSX. I've tried it about 10 times. However it did work OK for about 4 flights, then stopped working.

777captain

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 02:12:34 pm »
Ext. Power gets cut off at pushback. You should have the APU running about 5 mins before push, and then make sure ext. power = off. GSX isn't causing it. Umberto was right, as the only time I got the same thing that is happening to you is when I didn't have the APU running, which means that I have no power to the aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 02:18:29 pm »
I realise that you think it isn't causing it

I'm not "thinking" GSX is not causing it. It's NOT causing it.

(I don't see why either), but I'm 90% sure it is causing it.

That you don't see it or how much you are sure of it, doesn't change the fact that GSX is not causing it and it CAN'T cause it.

I have confirmed that I do have all the power sources on (APU, EXT PWR).

You must have overlooked something. Fact is, the instruments are not getting power, and there's no way GSX could affect this.

It only happens when I use GSX.

No, it's not. You probably haven't noticed before, because you never turned off engines when parked before, GSX is just asking you to do it, but the rest of the airplane operates EXACTLY as before. I'll repeat it again, this time for the last time, GSX DOES'T CHANGE ANY AIRPLANE VARIABLES, IT ONLY READS FROM THEM. This means IT CAN'T cause this, it's IMPOSSIBLE.

I've tried it about 10 times.

Since nobody else reported it, it's fairly obvious you are doing some kind of mistake, 10 times.

However it did work OK for about 4 flights, then stopped working.

Even more proof (not that any was needed) that it wasn't GSX, since GSX hasn't been updated for a while.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:20:56 pm by virtuali »

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 05:00:41 pm »
If your doing a Cold and Dark, which I hate doing in the Airbus because it doesn't let me start my engines realistically on pushback unless I bring up the cutoff levers and hit "ctrl+e". So anytime I'm using GSX with the Airbus X I just cut the engines with the two levers; and during pushback I just push them back up and hit "ctrl+e". Works like a charm. Also did another flight for my virtual airline using the Airbus X A320 at KMCO -> KMEM. Had no problems with catering, boarding, pushback, and deboarding.

Also if you think it's GSX so much have you ever tried to uninstall either Airbus X or GSX and reinstall it to see if that solves the problem?
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.