Author Topic: Re GSX.CFG CS 737/200  (Read 4191 times)

kiwi pilot

Re GSX.CFG CS 737/200
« on: July 26, 2012, 01:03:34 am »
I have got myself into a pickle with GSX.I tried shared Cfg for the above none of them worked properly.Another problem i had certain lines would drop off after i had saved the amended program.I want to start a fresh again in particular with the Gsx.cfg.I have tried twice uninstalling and reinstalling but i still get the same error CFG file for the above aircraft.What do i have to do to get a clean fresh start in other words get back to the first orignal Cfg files when i bought the program...............................Regards kiwi pilot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re GSX.CFG CS 737/200
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »
Uninstalling GSX won't affect your GSX.CFG files. Obviously, since you don't want to lose them when uninstalling/reinstalling.

If you think your GSX.CFG file has problems, you can remove it from the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder (if you created it with the GSX editor) or in the \FSX\Simobjects\airplane folder (if you put it there after downloading it)

kiwi pilot

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 11:14:03 pm »
I have been able to fix the problem but still having problems writing uploaded aircraft cfg files as i said when i amend a line  and save restart the amended line drops off back to  the orignal program.Can i amend file within the %appdata%roaming ...................Regards robin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:24:43 pm »
If you put the GSX.CFG in the Airplane folder, when you modify it (using the GSX integrated editor, of course) a COPY of it will be saved in the %APPDATA% folder, and this will take precedence over the one in the Airplane folder.

This because, as explained on the GSX manual, it's possible to *read* from the Airplane folder (which is under the FSX main folder), but if FSX has been installed in the default folder ( under C:\Program Files ), UAC will prevent to *write* there, and since the correct location for user data for any program, according to MS guidelines, is under %APPDATA%, GSX saves any modification there.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:26:58 pm by virtuali »