Author Topic: GSX *Update*  (Read 6608 times)

SWAPilot

GSX *Update*
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:41:34 pm »
The updated GSX needs the following;
-Passengers
-Different suitcases
-longer baggage loading/unloading times
-realistic refuel
-wing walkers on both wings
-vehicles match the weather conditions
-Southwest airlines livery
-a booklet that tells you what company is going to support you when you arrive
other than that gsx is great but if you accomplish these you will be better that AES
i know this is hard to do but please make these changes
Cheers!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX *Update*
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »
The updated GSX needs the following;
-Passengers

Already discussed too many times already. So many times, that the even the GSX manual discuss this, because we obviously knew it would be the the most common question, even before GSX was released...

It will come at some stage, but we don't have any timeline or make any promise it will be featured in a regular update. More likely, an entirely new GSX.

-Different suitcases

Already discussed, we can change the colors, but there will be just two types.

-longer baggage loading/unloading times

Already discussed too, longer loading times means adding more cars to the baggage train, which will create all sort of issues with maneuvers into the already cramped parking spaces. And, carrying more baggage for each train, will require redoing ALL the loaders animations from scratch. AND, it will become just more boring.

-realistic refuel

Define "realistic".

If with "realistic", you mean "nicer/more complex" animation, like the fuel hose attached by people on the airplane wings, it's fairly complex, but it can be done.

If, instead, by "realistic", you mean something that actually *loads* fuel, it might work, but probably not with the most complex airplanes which might use non-standard custom fuel systems, which is what most people use.

-wing walkers on both wings

Already discussed too. This might be doable, but no promises.

-vehicles match the weather conditions

It's already there, to a point. The baggage loader, for example, gets a cover when it's raining. But we could expand it a bit.

-Southwest airlines livery

It's already there since the first GSX release.

-a booklet that tells you what company is going to support you when you arrive

As soon as you select a parking spot, the handling company is announced. What other info you need ?

other than that gsx is great but if you accomplish these you will be better that AES

Does AES has all the things you asked already ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:01:05 am by virtuali »

TuiflyX3

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:20:53 pm »
btw umberto, has nothing to do with this post or topic. awesome how fast and good you always reply to almost every post, questions etc here! awesome support! thank you guys for GSX! big future

SWAPilot

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 10:10:44 pm »
AES has most but when i say realistic for fuel i mean a nozzle in the wing and a guy getting out of a truck getting a ladder and refueling. and 2nd to last about a booklet, what i mean is how do i know which parking spot has which livery

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 10:18:33 pm »
I asked about the weather one already. He said it could be done. I would rather have a DE-ICING animation then all of the updates you listed.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 11:31:54 pm »
AES has most...

No, it doesn't.  No passengers, no baggage carts, no luggage on the loaders, only 1 wing walker, and refueling doesn't even work.  And as for repaints like Southwest, you have to download and install them yourself.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SWAPilot

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 11:33:01 pm »
AES has most...

No, it doesn't.  No passengers, no baggage carts, no luggage on the loaders, only 1 wing walker, and refueling doesn't even work.  And as for repaints like Southwest, you have to download and install them yourself.

Okey dokey wise guy it does alot of what i listed so if you care so much go and play it!

SWAPilot

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 11:33:36 pm »
I asked about the weather one already. He said it could be done. I would rather have a DE-ICING animation then all of the updates you listed.

That's what i meant