Author Topic: GSX HELP ** SOLVED **  (Read 18543 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX HELP
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 09:30:47 pm »
my appoligies, but there was an error on the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML. It said it could not find it.

Who said it couldn't find it ? Our installer ? It should have created a new one, in that case!

Something is not right, are you maybe running into FSX into XP Compatibility mode ? That would be a problem, because that mode shouldn't be used, because it creates havoc with all the standard folders.

In any case, try to copy this into Notepad, and save it as EXE.XML in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
</SimBase.Document>

Be sure you save it as EXE.XML and not, for example, EXE.XML.TXT which Notepad might default to.

After you do this, run the GSX installer again.

magpilot

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 09:53:20 pm »
I have done exactly what you told me to do and nothing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 10:44:21 am »
I have done exactly what you told me to do and nothing.

You mean that, after creating an EXE.XML, you are STILL getting this ?

but there was an error on the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML. It said it could not find it

As I've asked in my previous question, but you haven't replied, Who said it couldn't find it ? Our installer ?

magpilot

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 05:41:41 pm »
Sorry, it was not your installer that couldn't find it it was Internet explorer that couldn't find. Now it can find it but gsx still doesn't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 09:39:53 pm »
Has the Couatl line being added to the EXE.XML and the Addon Manager line added to the DLL.XML, AFTER you run the GSX installer, as requested, AFTER you created the new EXE.XML as I've posted it ?

magpilot

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 12:22:14 am »
I did run the installer after I created the exe file and neither the couatl or addon manager were present in the exe.xml or dll.xml

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 09:54:54 am »
I did run the installer after I created the exe file and neither the couatl or addon manager were present in the exe.xml or dll.xml

I'm sorry, but this is NOT POSSIBLE. I think you have serious Windows installation problems, like entirely wrong permissions on your hard drive, so the installer can't modify the XML files, or you are looking at an entirely different file set, as if your user account was using different folders, which might happen if FSX is running into Compatibility mode, as I've said already.

Try to create a new user account, and install GSX in that one.

magpilot

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:12 pm »
It still didn't work. Can I return the product and get my money back???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:54 am »
It still didn't work. Can I return the product and get my money back???

You obviously can't, because the product is sold in Trial version, so you can test it on your system before purchasing. We should fix the problem in your system, because it's not clearly a GSX problem. Getting a refund won't help you solving the problem on your system, which seems pretty serious so, it might cause issues with other products too.

I'm sorry, but I believe you are not following my instructions correctly:

- Create a NEW user account, possibly of the Administrator type

- Log OUT from your current account and Log IN in the new user account

- Launch FSX there and check everything works normally.

- Exit from GSX and INSTALL GSX there.

- Launch FSX again and see if you are finally being asked permission to run the two modules.

magpilot

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 02:52:24 pm »
THANK YOU :) It finally worked, but why didnt it work in my other user

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:30 pm »
THANK YOU :) It finally worked, but why didnt it work in my other user

Because, as I've said, your other user has probably wrong permissions set, you might have change them in some way (like changing permissions globally for the whole C:\ drive ) so they are now not correct.

Have you tried going back to your other user and see if GSX now works in there too ?

magpilot

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 04:15:43 pm »
Yes I have and it didn't work. Where and how can I change the permissions??

magpilot

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 06:54:33 pm »
I am sorry to bother you with even more problems but I didn't buy gsx directly from fsx I bought it on the web. How can I activate it?? Again sorry to bring up more problems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 07:11:06 pm »
I am sorry to bother you with even more problems but I didn't buy gsx directly from fsx I bought it on the web. How can I activate it??

As clearly explained on the installation guide (fsdt_install_guide.pdf), which the manuals refers to for any installation/activation explanations, when purchasing on the web site, you use the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager, to activate a product using the Serial Number found in the purchase receipt.

magpilot

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 07:20:54 pm »
Yes but it says eSellerate error 25001 Serial number not found. And as I said I did not buy it with fsx open.