Author Topic: Odd push at ORD H3B  (Read 3159 times)

mspencer

Odd push at ORD H3B
« on: July 19, 2012, 07:28:15 pm »
Hi,
This might seem a little nitpicky, but when I push from H3B in an ERJ (Basically the only thing that parks there), it pushes me basically into E2. Back, to the left, and straight into the marker for H2, at the intersection of H1B and H3. Not a problem in an ERJ135 and if another 135 is parked there, but I'm not necessarily sure that's the best place, or what would happen if you had the extra couple feet of two 145s.
Also, at JFK when pushing from T6, the crew will push into a perfectly good taxilane, and then keep on going and push me out of the non-movement area and on to the movement area. I have to terminate the pushback each time when I'm on VATSIM, because otherwise I'd be entering a movement area. An option to just push back to the left/right would be good (without ending on Taxiway A), that's generally what I've seen at T6 and the north side of T5 when I've been around on the air train a few times. I think sometimes they'll pull the aircraft up to the exit point, as the slot time might change/etc. and moving the aircraft under its own power just to be ground stopped would be a waste of fuel.
Thanks, otherwise, so far I've found it to be an extraordinary product, just like all of your airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Odd push at ORD H3B
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 08:56:22 pm »
Will check this.

mspencer

Re: Odd push at ORD H3B
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:57:23 pm »
Thanks, Umberto.
I just flew out again and pushed from H3B in an ERJ145. It put me squarely in the H1 spot, right backed up against the terminal, indeed very close. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture. It appears to just push back an appropriate distance and then turn to the left. Since those gates are really all close together, there should be an alternate way to push and not have all the planes on top of each other.