Author Topic: how to uninstall the program?......  (Read 3777 times)

aerogatto

how to uninstall the program?......
« on: July 13, 2012, 07:17:46 pm »
Dear group
it's very frustrating when you buy a product and spend so much money.......brings so many problems  for the installation or  to make it work. I purchased this program and I can not make it work in my fsx.It doesn't run the catering, the pushback, the followme, I tried to upgrade the Coult ...that shit and nothing. I read on your blogs that I would have to reinstall the program with the antivirus off but when I go to uninstall the program doesn't show you where he placed the uninstalling icon. Please could you answer me how come this things has to come with so many problems and people are not aware about this? thanks
Roberto

StevenK

Re: how to uninstall the program?......
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:40:25 pm »
Your the only one with this problem,
I never had this problem when installing FSDT programs...
You will find the uninstaller in the FSX root folder (Where you installed FSX)

I would advise that you disable and turn off you anti-virus and firewall also check that you haven't blocked the program from running...

Try installing the program again and everything should work...

Most people here run FSDT products everyday without problems so i cannot see why you are having problems
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: how to uninstall the program?......
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:50:12 pm »
Any standard Windows program can be uninstalled by going in the Windows Control Panel, and selecting the Add/Remove programs options, which presents a list of all your installed programs that can be uninstalled. All our products, being standard Windows programs, can be uninstalled this way.

This is basic Windows behavior...

Now about your problem, it's likely caused by the antivirus so, try the following:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

If you don't want to do all of this, switch to a more reliable antivirus product, one that doesn't mistakenly detect our products as threats, for example the free MS Security Essentials, which works right away without doing any special configuration.