Author Topic: New GSX possibility?  (Read 5756 times)

braced

New GSX possibility?
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:53:27 pm »
Your product is awesome! It really adds realism to the flight sim experience! I'd like to put in a request for a possible future release of GSX. I'd like to see a freight version where the belt loaders are loading boxes instead of luggage. Also maybe add a larger pallet loader to be used on the big freight doors on the left side of the plane. Under the "Ctrl+F12" key you could simply add the option, "ground services Pax" or "Ground Services Freight". Just an idea I hope you implement!

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
Re: New GSX possibility?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:39:13 am »
For the CS 767 flight I did yesterday LEBL-KATL they didn't load luggage, but Iberia Cargo Boxes. I did like that fact though during the unloading process at KATL they unloaded Iberia Cargo and not Delta. What I'm trying to say is it just didn't generate a new cargo box, but remembered it was Iberia.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 03:57:43 am »
For the CS 767 flight I did yesterday LEBL-KATL they didn't load luggage, but Iberia Cargo Boxes. I did like that fact though during the unloading process at KATL they unloaded Iberia Cargo and not Delta. What I'm trying to say is it just didn't generate a new cargo box, but remembered it was Iberia.

That's interesting, because whenever I do a flight, it actually doesn't remember them, it makes it the airline that is doing the unloading (I actually would really like it if they did remember what airline loaded the cargo).

And to braced- some planes (like the 747 for example) have cargo loaders. If you want loaders in a non-default loaders plane, you can make otherwise luggage belt loaders into cargo loaders in the GSX menus in-game.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:03:05 am »
That's interesting, because whenever I do a flight, it actually doesn't remember them, it makes it the airline that is doing the unloading (I actually would really like it if they did remember what airline loaded the cargo).

Hmm then maybe it was just a coincidence. I had Delta Airlines unload me at Atlanta. I was flying Delta also, so I'm not sure.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

braced

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 06:52:35 am »

And to braced- some planes (like the 747 for example) have cargo loaders. If you want loaders in a non-default loaders plane, you can make otherwise luggage belt loaders into cargo loaders in the GSX menus in-game.
[/quote]

Yep I discovered that, thanks. I still think a freight version with loaders on the left side would be cool! I realize that the Captain Sim freighters have loaders but I also fly several CLS planes too. With this GSX program, the possibilities are endless!

I'd also like to see a menu I can just check off the services I'd like to receive, then sit back and watch it all happen in running order without having to go back and request each service. I can't believe how real the push back guy is. Almost creepy when you watch him. Nice job designing that one!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »
I'd also like to see a menu I can just check off the services I'd like to receive, then sit back and watch it all happen in running order without having to go back and request each service.

You can do it already, the menu choices can be queued, there's no need to wait for a service to end before being allowed to request the next one. Just open the menu once, and ask for all services in the order you want to be performed (eg. deboarding->catering->refueling->boarding->pushback), and they will be queued and performed in sequence without having to open the menu again.

If you open the menu after a sequence has been ordered, you'll notice the entires will say "waiting for other services to complete"

braced

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 11:13:25 pm »
Great. I'll give it a shot. Didn't know I could do that. Thanks!

Edit: I just tried to order all services but the menu disappears after each request. I have to go into the menu for each service. I was hoping for a menu I could check each service requested then close it. Am I missing something? Does it already do this?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:18:25 pm by braced »

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 11:29:19 pm »
If the menu closes on you after selecting something just reopen with ctrl + f12 and select the next item which probably would be Boarding. That's how I usually do it.

braced

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:14 pm »
If the menu closes on you after selecting something just reopen with ctrl + f12 and select the next item which probably would be Boarding. That's how I usually do it.

That's what I've been doing. But wouldn't it be nice to open the menu once and check the services you desire then close it? I guess that's what I was referring to. It's a great program, don't get me wrong. I just thought I'd throw a couple of suggestions out there for a future release.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 06:05:31 pm »
That's what I've been doing. But wouldn't it be nice to open the menu once and check the services you desire then close it?

The issue is, many users don't want to pre-launch the whole sequence, and have more control on when calling services, depending on their pre-flight work schedule, and in this case, it's much faster for them to select one item, and have the menu closing automatically, rather than having to press CTRL+F12 to close it.