Author Topic: Couatl Scripting Engine FSX refuses to run.....  (Read 10101 times)

Piloto

Couatl Scripting Engine FSX refuses to run.....
« on: July 11, 2012, 07:01:41 pm »
I recently purchased QW757.  Upon installation all appears to go well.  When I run FSX, I get prompted to allow FSUIPC, I allow it, then comes the COUATL Scripting Engine for FSX, AS SOON as I click run, my entire computer locks up, and I have to press the reset button to restart.  I have uninstalled, re-installed, disabled anti-virus, downloaded standalone addon manager, and just about everything else that I've read to do here on this forum and others.  At this point I have 50$ worth of software that is useless.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!  Thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Couatl Scripting Engine FSX refuses to run.....
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:20:27 pm »
Whenever you install something that uses the addon manager, you should always install the stand alone addon manager afterwards, did you do that?  As for Couatl, you don't mention having FSDT sceneries or GSX, and I don't think QW uses it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Piloto

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:39:59 pm »
QW 757 uses the addon manager.  If I install the standalone manager, it automatically installs the COUATL Scripting Engine.  Do you think it could be an issue with Windows 7?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:41:41 pm by Piloto »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:28 pm »
There are no issues with Windows 7, and the are no issues with the Couatl engine. However, the QW757 does not install it, because it doesn't need it, it only installs the Addon Manager.

The Couatl program is only needed for our products, so it's installed only by our products or by the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer for FSX, which might be useful to install anyway, but it's not needed by the QW757.

The most likely caused of Couatl crashing, it's a bug of your antivirus that has mistakenly blocked it, wrongly believing it might be a threat. In this case, as explained in many other threads, the installation should be made as follows:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Piloto

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:34:32 pm »
Thanks for the tips, I've followed everything you've said, and still when I click run for the Addon manager my computer immediately locks up.  I wish I could figure this out cause I really want to fly the QW757, and add FSDT Scenery as well.  BTW, installing the standalone Addon manager WILL install the COUATL Scripting Engine.  Also how can you configure the antivirus for those files if it's turned off?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:37:06 pm by Piloto »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:59:01 pm »
Thanks for the tips, I've followed everything you've said, and still when I click run for the Addon manager my computer immediately locks up

Now you are reporting something different: first you said (and the thread is tltled as such) that FSX crashed when you authorized Couatl, now you are saying it's the Addon Manager: has it changed now ?

BTW, installing the standalone Addon manager WILL install the COUATL Scripting Engine

That's exactly what I've said:

The Couatl program is only needed for our products, so it's installed only by our products or by the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer for FSX,

You said that installing the QW757 installed Couatl, and that one doesn't install it.

Also how can you configure the antivirus for those files if it's turned off?

You can either configure it while is still on. OR you can turn off just the realtime detection of virus, which usually allows to access all the other options.

Piloto

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »
Thank you for replying, I'm going to try something today:
I created a new partition on my HD, installed Windows XP, installed a fresh copy of FSX along with SP1 and SP2.  I will then re-install QW757 and see what happens.  I will post the results.  This is really something, I didn't have this problem with PMDG 747, and it uses addon manager.....Thanks again Virtuali!

BTW, both of them cause my computer to lockup, sorry if I wasn't that clear in my explanation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 12:59:15 pm »
I didn't have this problem with PMDG 747, and it uses addon manager....

The PMDG 747 doesn't use the Addon Manager, only the QW757 does.

Piloto

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 10:00:26 pm »
My idea worked, the QW757 now runs on the XP partition I created without any problems.  So that leads me to believe that something on the Windows 7 side is stopping the addon manager from working.  Must be a software conflict somewhere.

Thanks for all of your help.  And yes you are correct, the PMDG does not use the addon manager.....