Author Topic: Level-D 767 No takeoff when using Boarding / Catering function  (Read 3924 times)

petermaxkoller

Hi

I am a Level-D 767 user and I have FSDT Zurich installed; and the newest version of GSX (download yesterday).
GSX works fine for FSX-Standard plane B737.

When using GSX with the Level-D 767 I have a problem that after using GSX functions: Boarding or catering, the plane does not going in the air / taking off the runway, even with V1 / VR correct. When I am using only the Pushback function of GSX it works fine with the Level-D 767!

Anybody has seen this before? It seems that GSX functions do modify anything in my 767.

Thanks
Peter
Peter Koller LSZH Homebase
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Level-D 767 No takeoff when using Boarding / Catering function
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:15:37 pm »
It's not possible that GSX would modify anything in the Level-D 767, and nobody ever reported this before.

Not possible, as I've said, because it uses almost entirely 100% official FSX SDK and Simconnect access, and the few things it does bypassing it, can't possibly have an effect on a single 3rd party airplane.

bryn

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:28:25 pm »
This is caused by folding wings being turned on in the Level-d 767.  Does GSX activate folding wings?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:34:40 pm »
This is caused by folding wings being turned on in the Level-d 767.  Does GSX activate folding wings?

GSX doesn't activate anything, and surely doesn't send any key presses for the precise reasons that if it did (like for example, if it tried to operate doors automatically) it COULD cause side effects like these so, GSX only READS simulation variables, it never WRITE them or send key events.

That's why I've said it's not possible that GSX could have any effect on a 3rd party airplane.

The only possible interaction of keys, is if another addon is using the same hotkey as GSX (CTRL+F12), this results in one of them not working, depending which one is loaded first, but this should be fixable easily, by changing the key assignment either in GSX or in the other addon.

The default key for Wing-folding is CTRL+Shift+K, so it seems unusual that would cause a conflict with CTRL+F12