Author Topic: Disable green info bar for GSX disabled airports  (Read 7062 times)

WebMaximus

Disable green info bar for GSX disabled airports
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:46:12 am »
Would it be possible to add an option where you can choose to NOT have the green info bar telling you GSX has been disabled for this airport?

Reason I ask is I'm currently using a combination of AES and GSX and I've mapped both programs key combinations to the same switch on my CH yoke and this works fine so I don't have to "waste" a second switch but it's a bit annoying whenever I'm at an airport where I'm running AES rather than GSX (mostly due to jetway problems) to see the green info bar pop up just to let me know I've disabled GSX for this airport. Would rather have it the way AES works where pressing the assigned key combination when at a disabled airport simply does nothing.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disable green info bar for GSX disabled airports
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:45:50 pm »
We'll consider this, but it would probably be a general setting to reduce warnings in general, we can't have a setting page with dozen of settings to control each message individually.

And, when you'll enter the settings page, it will say if you disabled the airport you are currently on, so we might probably safely remove the message altogether.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 02:44:13 pm »
Sounds great :)
Richard Åsberg

KingCat

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:37:01 am »
I also would like to know if it would be possible to disable the green info bar alltogether? I find it a bit distracting, so if it would be possible to add this as an option, that would be really great.

Jon

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »
I also would like to know if it would be possible to disable the green info bar alltogether?

I just went through my fsx.cfg file, seems to be the only one we can't disable.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

lionking

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:50:12 pm »
No, that's all wrong, Bruce.

It's actually possible to disable the green messages with a registered version of FSUIPC. But obviously, it's not possible to choose all the individual messages which can appear from, but it's set up as a general green bar message disabling function. Therefore, you can't just deactivate GSX messages only, either everything or nothing.
Joshua Kingston

boilerbill

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 07:23:00 pm »
If the green information bar can't be disabled, you can always shrink it. Just move the cursor to the right edge until the left/right arrows appear, then move to the left to shrink its width until it is as small as possible. On my widescreen monitor, I can shrink it to about 10% of the screen width but no smaller. (I usually reduce the green bar to 25% screen width at the start of a session anyway.) And you can use the mouse to drag the remaining small green bar to a less obtrusive position on the screen.

Be aware, however, that GSX isn't the only utility that uses this notification bar. I suspect that is why (GSX) appears at the start of all GSX-initiated posts, so you can tell which program is sending the message. If you press Shift+E to open/close the main door with or without GSX, you'll see "Main exit opening/closing" and "Exit open/closed" messages there. And other add-on programs like REX use it as well, although REX has added an option to disable it.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

KingCat

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 10:54:19 am »
No, that's all wrong, Bruce.

It's actually possible to disable the green messages with a registered version of FSUIPC. But obviously, it's not possible to choose all the individual messages which can appear from, but it's set up as a general green bar message disabling function. Therefore, you can't just deactivate GSX messages only, either everything or nothing.

I have the registered version of FSUIPC, but if I recall correctly the disabling of these messages is no longer possible in FSX through FSUIPC, it only worked in FS2004.

Jon

Von Rondstadd

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 11:20:16 am »
Hi all,

It would be great to have a function to disable the green bar !!!!

I use FS2Crew and there you can choose to disable the green bar or not!!

So that is not so hard for Umberto and his team to get this function in !!!!

Robert