Author Topic: GSX crash issue  (Read 2896 times)

steekyrice20

GSX crash issue
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:30:14 am »
Hey guys,

i have just bought a new computer. i have been a fan of FSDT for many years now. I have purchased products in the past as well. I have a question.

When I try to install GSX, everything seems fine. Until when FSX start, there's an error that comes up..........asking me if I want to run this addon. I hit yes, and my fsx crash. It's an error relate to .bgll library. I can't remember exactly what it is.

Is it because I'm running Windows 7 64bits? Should I redo my system to xp to run these sceneries? I have a ton of addons such as PMDG, REX, ASE. All the addons works fine with no problem.

Please help me. I just spent over 100 bucks more for LAX, GEX, FWT....i don't want not be able to use it. thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crash issue
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:23:50 pm »
This has been discussed many times, and of course it's not a problem of the product, nor obviously a problem of running under Windows 7 x64, we ALL run Window 7 x64, I'm not even sure if our products still work on XP, because we don't test with it anymore...

It's an FSX bug that sometimes happens randomly with every module from any publisher, especially after the first time it runs.

Check all the following:

- You don't have any "compatibility mode" for FSX.EXE enabled. Right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure nothing is checked on that page, which is how FSX defaults to.

- Try a Windows reboot. Launch FSX again, ALLOW the module to run, even if FSX says it might cause problems, and even if FSX crashes. Try a couple of times, and if it doesn't work, reboot Windows again and try again.