Author Topic: GSX not opening  (Read 4819 times)

james3000117

GSX not opening
« on: June 22, 2012, 02:02:01 pm »
Hi,

I installed your product on release and used it alot. However, after that, I was unable to use FSX for a few weeks. Now there is none of the menu options under addons. All I see is addon manager, which says that GSX is INSTALLED and ACTIVE. If it helps, these menu options would not appear until I went to FSX - fsdreamteam - couatl - and I ran the couatl application. I have been doing this but to no avail.

Can you please offer some assistance about why this is happening?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not opening
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:21:38 pm »
Are you saying that if you manually start Couatl.exe after FSX has started, it works, but it doesn't start automatically ?

If this is the case, then the problem is surely not GSX or Couatl or anything like that but, most likely, another product you installed that has caused a problem to your EXE.XML, which is the file that directs which .EXE addons should be loaded when starting FSX.

This should be fixed by reinstalling GSX, that should be able to fix your EXE.XML. If the EXE.XML is corrupted beyond repair, you'll be notified of this anyway.

james3000117

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 04:07:21 pm »
No, even if I run the Couatl.exe nothing works, but I was saying it used to. I will attempt a reinstall after I finish this flight (3 hours) and will get back to you.

Update 1: It seems Norton doesn't like your file. I had to temporarily disable it to be able to download it and run it properly.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:05:42 pm by james3000117 »

james3000117

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »
Now it seems to have broken my menu bar. It doesn't show, even when I press ALT, and also the menu does not open when I right click so I could press "show menu bar" This is essential for me as I need menus like my PMDG one
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:15:52 pm by james3000117 »

james3000117

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 07:53:46 pm »
WELL now it's killed my entire FSX. When I run it, it just appears in the bottom right saying "no title" and won't let me click on anything. Occasionally it will load up properly on the pilot records screen. When I try to click free flight or anything else, it fatal errors.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:56:50 pm by james3000117 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 09:39:43 pm »
I'm sorry, but Couatl.exe can't "kill your entire FSX", it's just not possible, since it's an external .EXE, and external .EXE can't crash FSX, only a .DLL could.

What is happening, instead, is that your FSX has problems caused by something else (fact that you had to launch Couatl manually before was already an indication of this), which are the cause of both Couatl and other addons in the menu bar not showing, and Couatl is just another affected victim of it, not the cause.

Try to do a "Repair" for both FSX and the SP2

james3000117

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 01:45:49 pm »
Wow, thanks. I thought i was going to need to reinstall everything. Unfortunately though, GSX is still there with an inop sticker on it, even adter reinstalling

Thanks for everything