Author Topic: Missing textures  (Read 14380 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing textures
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 09:17:11 pm »
Is there something in the Manager that lets you set the draw distance for FSDT Sceneries?

The Anti-popup setting is there just for that reason. It multiplies the smaller objects loading range for a number (its value). By setting it at the maximum value, all objects will be loaded together at about 10 NM.

However, this doesn't control *textures* in any way. We only command to load an *object*, which contains its texture reference. How to load textures, is handled entirely by FSX and by your video driver, entirely outside our control.

My problem is when I load at a FSDT Scenery Textures are missing. When I slew to the blank spots the textures draw and then stay. I have been all through this forum and have tried all the fix's listed to no avail. Also show no Errors in Log. Everything loads okay no issue there.

It's fairly normal that you wouldn't find any solution here and if everything seems to be working without errors, it's because it IS running without errors. As I've said, we don't control textures in any way, if you are seeing the object, but it's just all grey or black, it doesn't have anything to do either with our scenery or with our software, the most likely cause is that you put graphic settings too high, or installed too many addons, and your graphic card has simply exhausted its resources, or your video driver has a but which manifests only under load.

If it only happens with FSDT sceneries, doesn't mean it's a problem of the sceneries either, but it might simply due to the fact we generally use more complex materials/shaders more extensively than what is considered standard, which means we might use more VRAM and/or expose already existing problems in your drivers or settings.

PresEVAIR

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 01:57:03 am »
Okay was asking because this has only just started since adding GSX. Also when I restart the Coutal it draws less.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm that nothing in our software can affect when FSX decides to load its textures, this is handled entirely by FSX and your video driver, we don't control any of it.