Author Topic: He took my spot.  (Read 3268 times)

skimmer

He took my spot.
« on: June 22, 2012, 03:02:58 am »
I was told to hold position for cessna,and did, then it followed the Follow me truck. ATC then gave permission for me to continue, and I did, but I ended up in front of tow, I had no choice.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I landed  on runway 7,told to by ATC, requested parking and agreeded. I then requested Follow me truck and all went well until ATC told me to hold position for cessna. The truck went ahead of the caravan and thats it. Must be because FSX is first come first serve. Right? ??? I did the update on this day, 06/20/2012  Thank you for any feed back. :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:08:06 am by skimmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: He took my spot.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:25:40 am »
GSX will only check for available parkings when you select them, but if someone else takes them while you are taxiing, either you realize it and ask GSX for a different one, or it will just be taken. The issue is, it might be a bit heavy on performances having to check continuously all parking positions and AI ground movement, so it's done only when you select a parking.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 03:35:32 pm »
Just bump your sim clock ahead a few seconds, and all the AI will respawn.  You'll have first choice of any spot.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:40:21 pm »
Thank you gentelmen,  Bumping the clocck ahead worked fine.