Author Topic: Avionics Shut Down?  (Read 9004 times)

lsteiner

Avionics Shut Down?
« on: May 04, 2012, 04:52:58 pm »
Ok, this one I can not figure out. Using the default 737-800 in FSX. I board the passengers, load the bagage and all is well. Then when I close door 2 (baggage doors) the Avionics shut down. Nothing I can do short of closing out of the flight and going back in again will start it up again. I have no issues If I don't run this portion of GS. I can open door 2, close door 2 with no issues.  Any ideas?  ???

LS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Avionics Shut Down?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »
That doesn't have anything to do with GSX it's just that, being with engines off, you probably exhausted your battery. You should turn the APU on, probably.

Selkan

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:04:01 pm »
Isteiner, might be able to help you here; Virtuali is quite right in saying this is a Battery problem, but as you may know the APU on the default FSX 737-800 is not simulated, and therefore you have a limited time before your Battery will die unless engines are running.

Here is a way around it, but you'll probably not like my Post because of the costs involved.  I am using a program called FSUIPC made by a Mr Pete Downson.  You may well have heard of this program, as many developers use it.  I am using what is called a 'registered' version, i.e. I have had to pay for it as I use it in a net work set-up running six P.C.s  Anyone can download FSUIPC and use it on one P.C. unregisted, but it does not offer many options.  The registered version offers many options to do with wind settings, etc etc, and on one of the TABs available (I forget which, but easy to find) you would see a Heading 'Magic Battery=1'  This of course refers to the Battery, and the No.1, is a limited time period.  By changing this to M.B. = 0, your Battery life is extended basically forever.

If you want to have a look at this go to www.schiratti.com, and on the top left side click on Pete Downson.  This will take you to Petes page all about FSUIPC, and there you will see a Link to download from Simmarket if you want a registered version.

Here's the down side; it costs EUR 28.56!!  You might think this is worth while, but only you can call that one.  For me I can't live without it, but that's just my set up. If you do decide to purchase, once installed, start FSX, then under 'Addons', on the top line Menu, having presssed ALT, you will see FSUIPC.  Hope all this might be of help?

Selkan

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 07:50:21 pm »
Isteiner, I have just had a further thought about this one which you could try.  Download FSUIPC from the above information.  This is the free version from Pete Downson site.  Run the program.  This will create a Modules Folder in FSX i.e. Programs x86/Microsoft Games/FSX/Modules.  In there you will see a file 'configuration settings', often refered to an ini file.  Under the heading [General] add MagicBattery=0. (this is zero not letter)

I really don't know if this would work, but worth a try before you purchase a registered copy of FSUIPC!

toriu

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 11:48:07 pm »
I had the same problem a while back and solved it by adding the following line at the bottom of the list in the [electrical] part of the aircraft.cfg.

electric_always_available=1
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

Selkan

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 04:26:45 pm »
That's a lot simpler if it works O.K.!

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 01:25:31 pm »
yea  fsuipc  is  a must  have  progrman  if  you have pay ware aircraft   since  it  stops  the dreaded  s  turns  in  flights

lionking

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 05:47:08 pm »
The program called FlusiFix inter alia offers you exactly this option with the battery deactivation. I believe, having heard that it does just the same as you could do manually, simply adding lines in the aircraft.cfg, (though not sure) but everything will automatically be done by the program itself, therefore it's really comfortable to use, as you mostly just have to click one or two buttons and the rest is software's work. Of course, there're plenty of more options and tweaks that can be set and even be undone again in case it didn't work or it created issues etc. And the best thing, it's totally free, though, you're obviously able to donate him. I guess, it took a long and expensive time to develope that.

The program is available in English language as well as in German. (On the middle right hand side is the button to translate some of the information on the website into English.)

By the way, there're two different versions, one is for FSX only, the other (and older) one is for FS2004 only.

And finally, here is the link http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:49:30 pm by lionking »
Joshua Kingston

Msgto

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:09 pm »
OMG, way too complicated.  The reason is that your avionics master pwr sw is in the off position.  Map it to a key or JP and make it part of your start up proceedures.  Happy Flying ;D