Author Topic: Couatl and P3D  (Read 4340 times)

Martyjr

Couatl and P3D
« on: June 17, 2012, 06:02:04 pm »
First, I have KLAX V2 (FS9.1, FSX, P3D).Do I need the 1.3 update?

I see, using P3D, Couatl online update.
It downloads (10 minutes).
Then I get an error box message Couatl can only run from the root folder and have to cancel.

I will get a screenshot:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/VMartell/Cou-err.jpg
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:08:12 pm by virtuali »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl and P3D
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 06:08:20 pm »
First, I have KLAX V2 (FS9.1, FSX, P3D).
Do I need the 1.3 update?

You always need updates of everything, especially with P3D

I see, using P3D, Couatl online update. It downloads (10 minutes). Then I get an error box message Couatl can only run from the root folder and have to cancel I will get a screenshot:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/VMartell/Cou-err.jpg

Have you changed in some way the default registry keys for P3D, to trick non-compatible installers made for FSX to install inside P3D ? This shouldn't be done, because it will likely create a mess to P3D compatible products like ours.

Martyjr

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 06:37:06 pm »
Ok, I will get the ver 1.3 update and install it.

I never changed the registry on my pc.

All software, including KLAX V2 installed ok.
I just recently installed Ultimate Traffic (AI) without a problem.

I also purchased iFly737 P3D update .. which installed ok to P3D.

I do not know if that means the registry could not have some type of registry error that FSDT / Couatl sees.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

Highiron

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:53:04 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Just wanted to add that I too have experienced this problem with the update feature of the Couatl engine within Prepar3D.

Although recently I have used a migrator tool, this problem existed long before I ever used it. My registry keys for P3D had not been touched when the same message came up that the program can run only from the Couatl root folder. I have never been able to successively use the "update" feature within P3D since it was created. I have always installed using all the default locations, other than P3D which resides on a separate drive. I have avoided tinkering with any registry info to ensure I do not create future problems with any add-on content.

The only method I have been able to use is to download the Add-on manager from the site and run the installer, then all works fine. Within Prepar3D, I get the error message about the root folder.

I also get the same error when I navigate and execute the Update.exe within the Couatl folder of FSdreamteam within the Prepar3D folder, (P3D not running).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:57:23 pm by Highiron »
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler