Author Topic: GSX Not working  (Read 7303 times)

chapl94

GSX Not working
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:06:24 pm »
Hello,

When i press CTRL SHFT F12 GSX does not come up. ive tried re installing it but that hasnt worked. can someone help.

Thanks

Ryan

chapl94

Re: GSX Not working
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:31:01 pm »
Ok ive managed to fix the problem however it keeps saying that ground services are not available at this position.

can someone help

thanks

TuiflyX3

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:56:22 pm »
maybe your aircraft is to big for that airport position, what aircraf and airport did you try? lets try for example, the default 737 in EDDF (frankfurt)..should work

mikeymike

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:35 pm »
i am having same issues i have purchased gsx and activated it. now i enter free flight product is under addon manager and also couatl is there but when i click ctrl f12 nothing works and i also have tried diff key maps to no avail can somebody please help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:43:56 pm »
First, the default key is NOT Ctrl+Shift+F12, but it's CTRL+F12. This, of course, if you haven't changed it. You can check if you changed it, in the "Change key assignment" menu option of the "Couatl powered products" menu.

If you don't have services working, it's usually a result of a problem in your airport cache, or a problem in the AFCAD of the scenery.

To fix the airport cache, remove the folder C:\ProgramData\microsoft\fsx\SceneryIndexes

This will force a rebuild of the scenery cache both in FSX and then in GSX (you will see the red text saying the scenery cache is being rebuilt). After this try if it does work.

If is still not working, check for a corrupted .BGL file that might cause problems. To do this, enable Logging, open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Launch FSX, go to any airport, when it finished loading, select any operation (like Deboarding, for example), exit from FSX, check if you have a Couatl.log file in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and post its content here.