Author Topic: GSX -Scenery  (Read 5571 times)

cowings1588

GSX -Scenery
« on: June 05, 2012, 01:17:28 pm »
Virtualli, I notice this morning when turning on GSX to get pushback that it caused Cloud9 Orlando scenery building to dissappear when I ordered pushback..

I know you said there should be no issue between the 2 but apparently when I go to request pushback, it does something to disrupt the scenery because I had the everything working before that but as soon as I ordered pushback I notice it cause my scenery to dissappear.. So something between pushback in GSX must be conflicting something else within the scenery in order to cause the buildings to dissappear.. It don't do it in any part of GSX I noticed just once you call upon Pushback it seems to do it..

When you get a moment, can you check into this please..  Thanks

COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX -Scenery
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 01:48:45 pm »
Please, indicate exactly which gate you were on when this happened. I've just tested gate 1, and nothing disappears, so it must be specific to some positions.

cowings1588

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:29:13 pm »
Sure no problem.. Gate 35 or 36 in MCO.. I departed gate 36 when it happen to me but I've had it happen when at gate 35 too..

I had left flightsim on all night sitting there at gate 36, so I wouldn't had to setup as much in the morning seeing I planned an early morning departure. That way I could just come up, turn the airplane on, set the load amount of people & cargo & board them, which I did, no problem.. Its when I went to request pushback that at first it did something funny to my airplane where the outside of my airplane was invisable, so I restarted FSX & quickly put in my info again & then went to request pushback & thats when i noticed the next time it took the building scenery away.. Which is what I described to you before where I was getting missing scenery upon arrival airports but now lately, when leaving Orlando the last couple times its been making it dissappear when I call for pushback.. Now either tomorrow morning or next morning after I plan on doing a trip to Chicago ORD.. We'll see what happens there if anything comes up missing when leaving or arriving in KORD.. But I know what I saw & I seen upon pushback my scenery just dissappear & I do have it fully license so it wasn't in trial mode.. It happen when i called upon pushback from GSX.. I'm lovin GSX but I'd like to be able to keep my scenery too.. lol  :)  If you know what I mean..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:39:03 pm by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:55:14 pm »
Sure no problem.. Gate 35 or 36 in MCO.. I departed gate 36 when it happen to me but I've had it happen when at gate 35 too..

Tried at both gates, no problems.

so I restarted FSX & quickly put in my info again & then went to request pushback & thats when i noticed the next time it took the building scenery away.. Which is what I described to you before where I was getting missing scenery upon arrival airports but now lately, when leaving Orlando the last couple times its been making it dissappear when I call for pushback..

If you restarted FSX, and buildings disappeared when pushing back, this couldn't possibly have any relationship with the "missing scenery upon arrival" problem. After FSX restarts, there's no memory of how long you ran FSX in a previous session.

cowings1588

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:35:01 pm »
Guess I'm gonna have to redo flightsim & try it again... Already tried removing & restoring the 2 sceneries & apparently that didn't work.. Must be something within FSX then causing problems..

I seem to got rid of the annoying FSX fatal error by moving FSX to just C:\ but seem to picked up a different problem of lossing scenery buildings after a period of time..

unless you can think of something I can try without having to redo FSX
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 03:53:01 am »
A friend of mine said he had the same issue, something he did in the scenery library, I'll have to talk to him again to see what he did again but he said he checked or unchecked something in the scenery library but he did say he had similar problems in reguard to the scenery dissappearing at times.. So I'll have to check into that because I really don't want to have to unistall everything just to reinstall it again & end up having same thing happen.. thats a long & tedius process..

Even though GSX has nothing to do with scenery disappearing on approach airports, it did seem funny this morning when i called for pushback & then my building went invisible on me & thats why I asked about it this morning seeing it just occured after I had asked for push..

Bill

Hey though seeing you guys work with scenery & know in outs of programming of scenery in touch if you can think of anything I can try with my disappearing scenery issue please feel free to give me some suggestions of something I can try to see if it will fix the issue.. I'm up for any suggestions.. I really don't want to have to redo flightsim unless absolute must.. Just starting to gain back flight time on my logbook again.. Like I said thats a long & tedius process I'd rather try to avoid except for last resort..
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 07:04:11 am »
Hey I think I might have possibly found my solution using what my friend told me about today.. we'll see what happens.. Its a program that came with my freeware scenery for Brownsville South Padre Island airport scenery..

Its called - Dan French CoreLibrariesVol1_FSX ..  I'm not so sure that this package when enabled might be my culprit for messing with my other scenery like Orlando & Houston & so on...  Its said that its required for Brownsville but I tried it without it enabled & really seen no difference in it & the Brownsville scenery still worked & I went back with my 757 & called for pushback twice once during night & put it towards day & got the same result you did at gate 36, nothing bad happen..

Now the trick is to leave my plane on over night again with that certain scenery not enabled & see without that Dan French Core LibrariesVol1_FSX not enabled see if that fix's my issue with the dissappearing scenery & if my buildings stay where there suppose to after the game staying on all night then I'll know that its the culprit behind causing my other scenery to go a missing on me.. Then I'll just either leave it unmarked in the scenery library or take it out all together..  Crossing my fingers that its the culprit & I can just leave it unchecked or delete it & my mystery problem is fixed with the dissappearing scenery building act.. 
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 08:49:23 am »
Since the buildings in all our sceneries are not handled by .BGL, I don't think another .BGL could affect them. Fact you noticed a difference between using that freeware scenery or not, might be just a coincidence.

Unless, it's just a generic memory corruption problem caused by that scenery which is making FSX to misbehave, but it's strage it won't affect the scenery, except for pushback.

cowings1588

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 04:23:49 am »
No problems this morning.. Cause I had also had problems with IAH which is not even your scenery..  I left my QWings & FSX on overnight like I did in Orlando & no issue this morning.. Next time I fly which I was planning on being tomorrow to KORD which is one of your sceneries, not expecting any problems & hopefully will be no more dissappearing sceneries upon arrival..

One question though.. I notice this with the 757, is there anyway on next update of having the marshaller recognize the 757 by chance & move him either alittle further back or off to the side alittle.. Pulling upto the gate in 757 because its so tall, he gets hard to see.. If not no big deal I'll just raise my seat alittle more but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask..  :)
COA
Bill