Author Topic: Couatl Scripting Engine - Can't Solve  (Read 6105 times)

DaveCT2003

• Online Virtual Pilots Association
Couatl Scripting Engine - Can't Solve
« on: June 03, 2012, 12:54:34 pm »
Looking for some help/support, getting the following error anytime FSX is loaded.

Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will restarted.

The only change to my system was installing REX Essentials.

I have tried disabling all my anti-virus and firewalls, disabling all FSDT scenery, uninstalling GSX and the Addon Manager, rebooting, cleaning the registry, rebooting, reinstalling the Addon Manager as per the error message (as admin, not as admin, and always with anti-virus and the firewall turned off), and i'm still having the same problem.  

At this point I am unable to use any of the FSDT products I've purchased as I can't run FSX with the Addon Manager installed, so I hope FSDT considers this to be an important and highly time sensitive matter.

I have TeamViewer installed, and you guys I'm available all of tomorrow (Sunday), but only on the weekends or late evening Eastern Time,

Dave

UPDATE:  I have tried disabling my Anti-Virus (both running and during installing), creating exceptions for the asscoaited Applications in the FSX\fsdreamteam and Roaming folders, and I'm still getting the error despite having GSX uninstalled (and I cleaned the registry of all GSX entries).

I'm going to uninstall the Addon Manager, again, run a registry cleaner and manually delete all of the "virtuali" registry entries, and try to install the Stand Alone Addon Manager, again.

This is a last ditch effort.  Sadly, a refund is the next step, which I really don't want to have to ask for.

Let's be clear about this....  I've run GSX and my FSDT Scenery for a very long time without any difficulties whatsoever.  It was only after the last update that this problem reared it's ugly head (unless somehow REX Essentials caused it, but given how the Addon Manager works (from what I can tell) I just think that is far from being likely.

Some support on this would greatly be appreciated.  I posted about this last night in a different topic, but this morning I removed that post and created a new topic as I've tried all of the recommended work arounds - even turning off Nortons, and nobody should ever have to disable their computer protection to run a program (that is just silly and absurd, time for a checkup for even recommending users do that).

Dave
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:37:30 pm by DaveCT2003 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Scripting Engine - Can't Solve
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:26:11 pm »
Let's be clear about this....  I've run GSX and my FSDT Scenery for a very long time without any difficulties whatsoever.  It was only after the last update that this problem reared it's ugly head (unless somehow REX Essentials caused it, but given how the Addon Manager works (from what I can tell) I just think that is far from being likely.

It wouldn't be the first time a REX install creates problems to any other module in the EXE.XML. Are you SURE the problem started when we last updated it (about a couple of weeks ago), or just now, after you installed REX Essentials ?

even turning off Nortons, and nobody should ever have to disable their computer protection to run a program (that is just silly and absurd, time for a checkup for even recommending users do that).

In case of Norton, your "protection" is worse that the problem is supposed to fix. Norton is the greatest offender for false positive, and their support is the slowest ever in fixing their mistakes and whitelisting legit programs mistakenly identified for threats.

And, it's wrong saying we shouldn't recommend user to "turn off protection", first because it's NOT TRUE. If you read all the support messages carefully, we always said you need to configure the antivirus to exclude ONLY our files, and then you'll be able to keep it on, there wouldn't be any point of asking you to configure the antivirus, if we intended to turn it off.

And, of course, the suggestion is not valid for every antivirus program, just the bugged ones, and Norton is the prime example. The MS Security Essentials, which is free and always updated, doesn't need any configuration.

And of course, if you go to other developer's forums (Flight1, for example) they also suggest configuring and/or turning off antivirus product, McAfee in their case, since apparently it's McAee that doesn't like Flight1, just as Norton doesn't like FSDT. They are of course both wrong...

DaveCT2003

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 06:19:57 pm »
Thanks for the info.

It's difficult for me to tell if it was the update or REX, as I hadn't updated GSX in a while and basically installed REX-Essentials and then booted FSX and ran the GSX update.  Wish I hadn't done it that way.  Then I received the Runtime error (can't remember exactly what it was) and then the constant Couatl Scripting Engine error.

Nortons is configured to ignore everything I can find to do with any FSDT product.

I will try another instal of the product, as it's cleaned from my system as much as I can possibly clean it. If that fails, I will uninstall REX and try again.  I have a major bone to pick with the REX developer anyway, and if their new software caused this, then IT'S ON.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:43:23 pm »
I will try another instal of the product, as it's cleaned from my system as much as I can possibly clean it/quote]

If you uninstall GSX using its uninstaller, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?" that are made at the end, it's a complete removal.

In addition, you might try removing your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder too, it's the only thing the uninstaller doesn't remove.

Note that, if you remove this, you'll lose any airport or airplane customization you made so, maybe it's best if you *move* this folder to a different location. rather then *remove* it.

al

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 07:14:45 pm »
I also give up on this Product i have been siting here more then 5 hours uninstalling and installing

what is this ??? why do we have to go through all of this stupid stuff
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:49:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 07:47:49 pm »
I also give up on this Product i have been siting here more then 5 hours uninstalling and installing

It would be helpful saying, exactly, what your problem is.

al

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 08:32:19 pm »
i get a small popup that says something about (     
Couatl Scripting has been corrupted and if it is not a Virus reinstall

and i have reinstalled 6 times and it still pops up when i run FSX

DaveCT2003

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »
Al,

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty.

Individual computer setups can be very difficult for anyone to troubleshoot, because each one is different.

What I can tell you is that this software has been a HUGE PLUS in my simulation of commercial aviation. 

Additionally, I have an idea that I haven't had time to discuss with FSDT, but it will be something that many VATSIM pilots will go NUTS over.

Hang in there, post your exact issues, and FSDT will help you resolve them. They're great guys to work with.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 09:46:35 pm »
i get a small popup that says something about (     
Couatl Scripting has been corrupted and if it is not a Virus reinstall  and i have reinstalled 6 times and it still pops up when i run FSX

I've already replied to you in the other thread.