Author Topic: Need to Reinstall and Have an Important Question  (Read 3888 times)

crauds

Need to Reinstall and Have an Important Question
« on: June 01, 2012, 12:50:53 pm »
Hi Umberto!  I have had a complete system crash and have had to install everything from scratch.  I am at the point now that I can install GSX but want to know the latest build now available and whether I can load it directly or do I have to go back to one of the basic builds first?

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Need to Reinstall and Have an Important Question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:20:51 pm »
For all our products, the installers that are currently online are always the most current version available.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 07:32:05 pm »
I was able to reinstall v1.5 and I then registered it with my original key and it accepted it and I thought everything was all set.  When I tried to access it in FSX, however, it presented me with only 3 airports and stated that I was using the "trial" version.  I copied and pasted the key I received in my Email conformation at the time of purchase and the screen then validated it and allowed finish of install.  Is there a data file somewhere that might not have been updated?  I can't use it until I get a resolution back.  Hopefully you can help me with this today.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 08:30:27 pm »
I was able to reinstall v1.5 and I then registered it with my original key and it accepted it and I thought everything was all set.

Are you sure it was "accepted" ?

The Serial Number is accepted ONLY if, after you entered it, a dialog will say "Do you want to activate fsdreamteam GSX on this PC ?", you will need to reply Yes, another dialog will ask if you are sure, you'll need to reply Yes to the second dialog and then, after a couple of seconds, a third dialog will say the product has been activated successfully.

If you haven't seen this, simply inserted the Serial Number with FSX going back to fly without doing anything, it means the key hasn't been accepted, rather the opposite: you either entered something entirely wrong in place of the Serial Number (like the Order Number), or you entered your Serial Number correctly, but with another product selected.

When I tried to access it in FSX, however, it presented me with only 3 airports and stated that I was using the "trial" version

This confirms it's working correctly, and it simply lacking the activation. Note that, you'll will likely have to restart FSX, if you reactivated in the same session.

I copied and pasted the key I received in my Email conformation at the time of purchase and the screen then validated it and allowed finish of install.

So you see all the dialogs ? If yes, the Addon Manager should say GSX is now Active. This means it's Active

As I've said, you'll have to restart FSX to use it fully.

Is there a data file somewhere that might not have been updated?  I can't use it until I get a resolution back.  Hopefully you can help me with this today.

The activation works and will work if you did what I've said above, you might simply need to restart FSX. Check the Addon Manager, if it says "Active" for a product, then it's active.

crauds

SOLVED: Need to Reinstall and Have an Important Question
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 01:51:10 pm »
Thanks, Umberto.  I activated it again within FSX and I got the three messages and all is active now but I get no sound.  I have posted separate thread about my sound problem.  Thank you.

Craig
Craig Williams