Author Topic: No option 6  (Read 8343 times)

flapsup

No option 6
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:08:01 am »
Hi Umberto,
At EGLL (UK2000) and EDDM (AS) there is no configration option at these two airports. Only get 1-5 on the menu. Tried different gates, and if you want to test, gate 309 EGLL and Gate 246 at EDDM.

sjt375

• Flight Director
Re: No option 6
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:37:59 am »
I've received similar results at LGAV (flytampa) and EDDM (Aerosoft)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:49:04 am »
As explained on the manual, it's because all these airports already have a customization made by us, so the parking editor won't work there.

For Aerosoft EDDM, we made a quick-n-dirty customization, just indicating where all the jetways are, which usually cover the most annoying problem of seeing all stairs on a gate, but Fly-Tampa Athens is fully customized, and we are doing ( still not finished, though ) a full-blown customization with 100% precise vehicle placement for UK2000 EGLL, there's really no need to customized these ones.

You can check which airports have been customized by GSX, by looking at the fsdreamteam\Couatl\GSX\airports folder, the file names should be self-explanatory. Yes, you can remove our customization by deleting a file, but keep in mind it will restored automatically with the first Live Update.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:44:53 pm »
As explained on the manual, it's because all these airports already have a customization made by us, so the parking editor won't work there.

Any possibility of changing that, for those who like to tweak their FSX?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Paul Humphries

• FSOpen
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:35:46 pm »
I have lost option 6 at EGBB. I edited once on Sunday. Can't see the file in the said folder?

Paul Humphries

• FSOpen
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:00:59 am »
Arh right. Once you have edited the parking and applied you can't re-edit unless you delete the ini file created in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 11:00:22 am »
Arh right. Once you have edited the parking and applied you can't re-edit unless you delete the ini file created in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX?

Surely not, you can edit a few parkings, then continue another day, etc...

flapsup

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 01:51:21 pm »
Not after an update anyway. I have always had to delete the ini files after a major update. Applies to any airport, default and 3rd party.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 03:38:13 pm »
Update or not, doesn't make any difference, an .INI file previously created with an older version is forward compatible, the update only added new commands, but old one are still supported.

The only thing that might affect this, is if you started working on an airport with a different AFCAD than the one currently in use.

Paul Humphries

• FSOpen
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:41:44 pm »
The only thing that might affect this, is if you started working on an airport with a different AFCAD than the one currently in use.

Yep thats what happened with me, I tried updated AFCAD after 1st attempt at editing EGBB (UK2000)

All sorted now.
Thanks Umberto

flapsup

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 12:56:31 am »
The only afcad I have ever altered is KLAX and that was to adjust gate assignment. So I still can confirm that I need delete the ini files after a major update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 01:22:06 am »
I can only confirm there's no need to delete the .ini file after a major update, unless the AFCAD has changed.

Pooch

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 02:59:22 pm »
Umberto, in the past I had to rename the respective .pye-file in fsx\fsdreamteam\couatl\GSX\airports, which was placed again by every update and I renamed it again everytime as the .pye-file overrides the .ini-file resulting in no option 6.

In the manual page 25 I read :

"With version 1.5 and the Graphical Editor, the restriction you can’t edit an already-customized airport, no longer applies, since you are now able to specify all vehicle positions with no restrictions."

does this mean, the .pye-file can remain unchanged and the .ini-file still works ?
Thanks, Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 05:22:36 pm »
does this mean, the .pye-file can remain unchanged and the .ini-file still works ?

The .ini file takes precedence over the .pye file, but that doesn't mean the .pye file is ignored if there's an .INI: is still used, but the parkings defined ( or redefined) in the .INI file will be used instead, everything else will come from the .pye file. And things that only the .pye file can do (at this time), like custom Pushback paths, custom gate names and custom docking systems, will still be taken from the .pye file, even if you customized that parking with the graphical editor, only the vehicles starting position will be overridden with those in the .INI file.

It's working exactly as one would want to, an already customized airport can be simply refined with the .INI file, with no need to do everything from scratch. The .INI files we posted for FSDT sceneries in the Sharing area, are supposed to AUGMENT the customization that was supplied with the .pye file. In fact, they are supposed to be used together with the default .pye files.

Pooch

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 09:35:35 am »
Thanks for the clarification.
Peter