Author Topic: Disabling GSX on Military Airports?  (Read 5317 times)

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Disabling GSX on Military Airports?
« on: May 27, 2012, 11:30:02 am »
Can I disable GSX on military airports? It doesn't match if the Bagage cart stops next to a fighter aircraft. ;) I also would like my standard fuel trucks be enabled, coming from the spot defined in the afcad. GSX is great for civil airports! Thanks for any help on that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disabling GSX on Military Airports?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 01:23:52 pm »
You can't automatically disable it for military airports, since there's no sure way to identify an airport as military, especially considering many have mixed use.

But you can disable any number of airports, by putting their ICAO codes in a list separated by spaces in the %APPDATA%\virtuali\couatladdons.ini file. Look at Page 19 of the manual for more info about disabling airports.

blaunarwal

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:40:59 pm »
Thanks a lot fot the hint

Maybe GSX can be programmed, that it's functions are related to the type of parking.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 05:46:59 pm »
Sure, when we'll eventually have support for military operations, the parking type will control the service used.

However, even that method wouldn't be foolproof because, some developers, in order to get rid of the default ground vehicles, flag all parkings as "military parking", even on a 100% civilian airport.

blaunarwal

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 06:10:24 am »
I see, that makes it difficult, if all parkings are military to get rid of the vehicles. I never realized that, since I avoid mostly to work on large civil airports. That's something for the professional designers.  ;D

I now have disabled some of my military and small aircraft fields

disable_on_airports = LSMA LSMD LSMM LSMP LSPV LSZC LSZK

But still, the standard fuel truck can not be called. Is there a way to have some airports just standard fsx? Or will future GSX version rely on fuel trucks added with a vehicle parking? That may be tricky again, since not all vehicle parkings are connected properly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 10:57:06 am »
That something we need to fix.