Author Topic: FSX and KLAX  (Read 7725 times)

bradrcfii

FSX and KLAX
« on: June 02, 2012, 04:40:49 pm »
I installed the product.  I have jetways but no termianl building and no runway markings.

Any suggestions?

Brad

bradrcfii

Re: FSX and KLAX
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:36:50 pm »
I checked supersampling and ran airport scanner, no dupes were listed.

Still have previous stated problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 08:06:50 pm »
It's likely the antivirus has blocked the modules needed by the scenery to run.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

bradrcfii

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 08:07:49 pm »
I do not run an anti virus application.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:28:41 pm »
I do not run an anti virus application.

Are you sure you don't run an anti-spyware ? It's the same problem.

Have you been ASKED permission to run the two modules when you first ran FSX after installing the scenery ?

Have you replied YES to both questions ?

If not, check you haven't mistakenly put "virtuali" in the non-trusted authors: this will prevent ANYTHING signed by us to run.

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Authors" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

After doing this, REDO ALL the above Uninstall/Reinstall procedure (except the antivirus part, if you are REALLY not using an antivirus), and note if you are being ASKED permission to run the two modules when you first ran FSX after installing the scenery, and reply YES to both question.

bradrcfii

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:34:59 pm »
I do not see an "authors" button at control panel>internet options>content.

I see publishers?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:41:29 pm »
It's the same, the wording changes depending on the Windows language.

bradrcfii

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 10:05:21 pm »
It was not in the authors tab.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 09:41:58 am »
You haven't replied to my question:

Have you been ASKED permission to run the two modules when you first ran FSX after installing the scenery ?

bradrcfii

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 02:02:07 pm »
The two items were not found in the control panel>internet options>content>authors tab.

Was that the answer your are looking for?

Thanks,

Brad

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:09 pm »
The two items were not found in the control panel>internet options>content>authors tab.

That's not what I've asked in my last message.

And, in any case, it's not those "two items" (if, with "two items" you are referring the who modules ) you have too look for there: you need to check if "VIRTUALI s.a.s." is listed in the "Trusted" or "Untrusted" tabs, and remove it from both, if it's there.

Was that the answer your are looking for?

This is what I've asked in my previous messages:

Note that this question is ONLY meaningful if you followed the procedure in my first reply to the letter, especially this step:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

If you haven't done that, do it. Even if you don't have an antivirus, that doesn't mean you don't need to follow the above procedure to the letter, excluding the antivirus steps, if you really don't use one.

Try again and NOTE if you are being ASKED permission to run the two modules when you first ran FSX after installing the scenery, and obviously reply YES to run both modules.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:19:25 pm by virtuali »