Author Topic: Download source of demo versions  (Read 3897 times)

VitaminA330

Download source of demo versions
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:44:24 pm »
Hi!
I just tried to download the FSX demo versions of O'Hare and Fort Lauderdale. After it always interrupted (which never happened to any other FSDT download before) with a warning message ("This file is not downloaded very often and could damage your computer") I realised that in my download window the source of these two files is shown as "dl.dropbox"! For all the other FSDT demo downloads which I saw in the history of the download manager the source is shown as "VIRTUALI SAS DI COLAPICCHIONI UMBERTO & C" which sounds logical to me. But when I try to download a file now - even a file which I already downloaded before from the source mentioned above - this "dl.dropbox" is shown as the source.
Is that (temporary) meant to be so? Or is there something wrong on my system? What's more: Could this be the reason for the interruptions?
Regards, Dominik

Orion

Re: Download source of demo versions
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:45:07 am »
FSDT hosts their files on Dropbox, a cloud storage provider.  The downloads will therefore be from the Dropbox servers.  The warning is part of Microsoft SmartScreen (a feature in Internet Explorer 9, Windows Live Messenger, and Windows 8), which you can safely ignore for downloads you know to be safe (in this case, the FSDT installers).  I believe you're confusing the source of the download and the digital signature, as the latter is signed as "VIRTUALI SAS DI COLAPICCHIONI UMBERTO & C".

VitaminA330

Re: Download source of demo versions
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:25:06 am »
OK, I just referred to the line written below the file name itself in the download manager. All right then. Thanks for explaining that!