Author Topic: aircraft carrier locations ?  (Read 3819 times)

Amigo

aircraft carrier locations ?
« on: May 17, 2012, 02:55:16 pm »
Hi all,
are there any other aircraft carrier locations on FS-X besides San Francisco and Guam?
Thanks for your help, Amigo

Orion

Re: aircraft carrier locations ?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 05:31:10 pm »

Amigo

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:24:49 pm »
Orion, You made my day.
Thanks for your info and thanks for the link.
It will be a busy evening for me and the carriers.
Thank you, Horst

Amigo

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 10:58:15 am »
Hi Orion;
I was wrong by saying yesterday:"you made my day" because.....
You made my day and my evening.

Thanks again for the link. I first picked out NAS Everett and found two carriers side by side a few miles NE of KPAE.
One of them had landing facilities and catapult launch. Beautiful!!
I first performed a carrier touch and go for area orientation, followed by three barrier landings and catapult launches. Quite exciting for a non Navy pilot and very enjoyable to see what FS-X can do. Great!!

How about navigational aids for carriers? I have a note saying:"The frequency for the default Acceleration carrier is 111MHz or TCN 47X. The frequency for Javier's Nimitz carrier is 112MHz or TCN 57X". Are these add-ons?
At NAS Everett I did not really need nav aids, I lined up on KPAE ILS final 16R (hook down) and at DME 3.7 took a left turn onto 050 which brought me right on final of the carrier.
Last question: Is there an equivalent AF Manual available for the Navy, to learn about carrier flight procedures, phraseology etc.?
Orion, thanks again for your help. I owe you one, Amigo

Orion

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 04:02:24 pm »
I have a note saying:"The frequency for the default Acceleration carrier is 111MHz or TCN 47X. The frequency for Javier's Nimitz carrier is 112MHz or TCN 57X". Are these add-ons?
Yes, you'll need the NEW Realistic HUD for the FSX Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet by Jivko Rusev (neutrino here on these forums).  Read more about it here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2342.0.

Last question: Is there an equivalent AF Manual available for the Navy, to learn about carrier flight procedures, phraseology etc.?
Probably NATOPS, but you'll definitely want to check out the Unofficial F/A-18 Acceleration Pack board.  The people who frequent there are really into FSX naval aviation, and some good discussions happen there.  Feel free to pop by and ask questions there, as well.

There are a few other addons that are essential to FSX naval aviation, such as Javier's Nimitz, AICarriers2r2, vLSO and the Sludge Hornet.  Sorry, I'm a bit short on time at the moment, so I've just thrown a few links out there.

Glad I could help! :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:04:38 pm by Orion »