Author Topic: Virtualli check Coulti or coulte.exe for Trojan **FALSE POSITIVE**  (Read 3586 times)

cowings1588

Virtualli just to make sure check your coulte.exe just to make sure it don't have a Trojan Virus.. I got hit with a virus last night while posting in a flightsim forum but I actually got hit with the virus in a website I use in order to post things on these forums called Imageshack.. I pulled something up for a closer view & then my computer got funny saying I had all these Trojan viruses, I thought at first it was just false advertising so I got outta of it as quickly as I could but later when I went to check my FSX, sure enough I started getting warnings from my Viper virus protector saying its stopping coulte.exe from working due to Trojan Virus.. I'm unfortuantly having to redo my whole Computer again to wipe out the virus but to be safe..

Make sure your systems are safe too can you please run a virus check on your coulte.exe file. Just to be safe...

These damn people out there why do they have to put viruses on all these different websites I use for Flightsim.. Don't they have anything better to do.. :(   

This will keep me grounded for awhile now while I work to get back my computer & then restore all my FSX stuff once again..  I hate being grounded..  :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:45:48 pm by virtuali »
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Virtualli check Coulti or coulte.exe for Trojan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 08:45:39 pm »
There's no virus whatsoever in the couatl.exe file. It's a bug of your antivirus. We submitted it to all major antivirus vendors, and they ALL confirmed it's a false positive and they amended their virus definitions.

The issue is, we updated it for GSX 1.5, so we'll have to do the whole "contact antivirus providers to point out their mistakes" routine all over again...

StevenK

Re: Virtualli check Coulti or coulte.exe for Trojan **FALSE POSITIVE**
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:02:12 pm »
I too USED to get the message that the file and even the installer had a virus but I knew it didn't so I submitted a report to say it was false and now I don't get any warnings so they must have sorted it :)

and I also feel your pain cowings1588
doing a re-format is very draining on time ect but you will get there in the end.
fly safe :)
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

cowings1588

Re: Virtualli check Coulti or coulte.exe for Trojan **FALSE POSITIVE**
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:35:37 am »
Ok, thanks Virtuali.. Not trying to cause no problems.. Just it scared me thats all..

I have Viper so make sure they know too & I had just uploaded new definitions today.. So they should know about it in that case then..
COA
Bill