Author Topic: GSX Sound Very Low  (Read 5172 times)

bugman38313

GSX Sound Very Low
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:07:01 am »
just updated my GSX and when I was doing a pushback I could hardly hear the person tell me to do things such as release parking breaks.  Nothing has changed on my end other that updated the program.  Is there a volume switch to move?

Thanks
David Hawley

bugman38313

Re: GSX Sound Very Low
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 03:14:08 am »
I found the page with the slider and it is all the way to the right.  I never had this problem with previous run of GSX it always was at the right volume level.

Thnx
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:17:00 am »
If the GSX sound is too low at the maximum level, the problem is not obviously GSX, but your other FSX sound settings that are too high instead. Lower the FSX sound sliders, and raise the overall sound volume, to get the balance right.

In any case, nothing at all has changed regarding to sound in this version.

johndrago

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:53:04 pm »
just updated my GSX and when I was doing a pushback I could hardly hear the person tell me to do things such as release parking breaks.  Nothing has changed on my end other that updated the program.  Is there a volume switch to move?

Thanks
David Hawley

This happened to me on only one flight so far, and it was on the previous version.

My volume levels were fine, but the pushback sounds were very low.  After the flight, I shutdown, and did a new flight the next day.  Since then, all has been fine.  Not sure what happened.

John
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:18:53 pm by johndrago »

toriu

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:46:32 pm »
If your having problems keeping the ATC,etc, sound volumes stable with FSX Windows 7, try this. It worked for me. Open Control Panel/Sound/Communications, Choose the "Do Nothing" option then Apply. I guess it's reading the ATC as a phone transmission.
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_