Author Topic: Within Addon Manager  (Read 3684 times)

Selkan

Within Addon Manager
« on: May 13, 2012, 11:33:51 am »
Hi Umberto, firstly, GSX 1.5 - great.  This is however about a couple of items (actually three) in the Addon Manager.  AntiPopUp 1-30,  AltitudeCull 0 or 1,  View Optimization tick or not.

I read somewhere (avsim forum I think), that someone having a stutter problem set his AntiPopUp to 8, which reduced stutters for him.  You may recall from my previous Posts that I have a Simulator that I only connect to the Internet for updates when needed.  I am assuming that having it set to 30 reduces the number of times my P.C. is 'trying to connect' to see if an update is available?  I might be quite wrong, and as I have never seen these three items discussed before, I wonder if you could give a brief description on each for the benefit of all of us who aren't quite sure what they mean, and the settings we should be using.

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Within Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 02:24:24 pm »
I am assuming that having it set to 30 reduces the number of times my P.C. is 'trying to connect' to see if an update is available? 

The Anti-pop up doesn't have anything to do with the updates and the internet connection, it's a multiplier of the loading range for small objects, the higher you set it, the earlier small objects will be loaded, which means there might be less stutters (due to loading/unloading of objects), but at a cost in general fps, on faster computers is might be set to higher values with not big impact on fps.

It has been discussed many times on the forum too, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1777.msg14201#msg14201

Selkan

Re: Within Addon Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:10:22 pm »
Most enlightening, thanks for detailed response/link