Author Topic: Suggestion for 1.5a?  (Read 6214 times)

XCLTM3

Suggestion for 1.5a?
« on: May 13, 2012, 10:45:48 am »
Hi Umberto,

once again congratulations on this latest expansion/improvement on GSX. I've just spent an hour reconfiguring a few of my 3rd party airports and think this new added flexibility
is simply outstanding.

If I may, can I request that we (end users) also have the ability to reposition the Marshaller within the new editor? (If at all possible?)

Rgds,

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Suggestion for 1.5a?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 11:05:47 am »
We already planned the scenery editor in two steps:

- The vehicle position utility, which has been released now

- The parking assistance utility, which will be released later, and will allow to place the marshaller or any other FSDT docking system on any airport

This because the interface might be a bit different than the current one, since you will need to be able to specify the stop distance on ground, and the kind of assistance method (marshaller, docking, safegate, apis, agnis, rlg, etc.)

XCLTM3

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 11:22:48 am »
We already planned the scenery editor in two steps:

- The vehicle position utility, which has been released now

- The parking assistance utility, which will be released later, and will allow to place the marshaller or any other FSDT docking system on any airport

This because the interface might be a bit different than the current one, since you will need to be able to specify the stop distance on ground, and the kind of assistance method (marshaller, docking, safegate, apis, agnis, rlg, etc.)

Wonderful Umberto! Grazie!

Rgds,

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

NZ255

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 01:43:46 pm »
Piggy backing on the suggestion topic, can I please request that you include an option with pushback to puck back either along a certain path (node # to node # via the AFCAD) or just keep pushing back until you reach taxiway node 32 for example.

The nodes are found in the AFCAD file of course, this would make it possible to push back and around corners like you have to at certain airports and positions.

Cheers

Nick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 02:05:11 pm »
Piggy backing on the suggestion topic, can I please request that you include an option with pushback to puck back either along a certain path (node # to node # via the AFCAD) or just keep pushing back until you reach taxiway node 32 for example.

It's already working like this with our own airports, we can specify a target AFCAD node for each parking position, we just need an interface to expose this capability to users.

NZ255

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 09:31:04 am »
Awesome!  ;D

NZEddy

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:11:08 am »
Sounds good!

mmmprod

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 03:48:20 am »
DE Icing planned ?  ;D
FS2Crew (+ Voices), Ground Environment, Fs Passengers X (+ Sound Fx & music), Ariane Design, France VFR... BETA TESTER -Simflight France Team

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 11:48:01 am »
Yes, that was discussed too, De-icing is planned, but first the editors.

NZ255

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 01:08:25 am »
Sorry for digging up an old topic... may I ask if the pushback to a node option is still being worked on for a future version?

Cheers,
Nick