Author Topic: New update 1.5 not working and causing changes in gate settings!  (Read 3842 times)

crauds

I just installed new 1.5 version and read manual.  The update changed my settings on all my gates which I had tweaked over last 2 months!!!!  Many gates have changed from small dimensions to large, etc.  Also some have disabled pushback.  Also pushback vehicle originating inside of the terminal.  I tried to access new interface but pressing the button brings me to the grid describing the function keys but when I press OK it brings me back to FSX with slew showing to be on but I am not seeing the interface as described in manual.  All views from FSX show normal without anyway to interact with vehicles!!!  I do not want to have to redo EVERY gate at the 50 airports I have already set up.  I need to be able to roll back to previous upgrade which was working fine.  How do I do that?

More specifically,  I had fixed AFCAD for LJLJ before upload.  GSX shows the SAME AFCAD and Location but it has now classified the gates by their AFCAD index number instead of by the actual GATE number.  This has mixed up all my settings and since I am unable to access the interface, I am unable to adjust the positions of the vehicles which now seem to be further away from the footprint than before the upgrade.

In reading the initial announcement, I may perhaps not have everything installed so I will try again to install.  What files should I have if all is correctly installed?  Manual does not discuss this.

Craig
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:29:55 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: New update 1.5 not working and causing changes in gate settings!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 06:56:32 pm »
OK.  I reinstalled upgrade and checked the directories and all dates correctly show 5-12-2012 but when I open FSX and select customize airport positions (image#1) I then get the new updated option box and when I click on "custom vehicle locations" button I get the menu for keypress directory.  I then press OK since that is the only option available and it returns to FSX as in image#2.  Where is the promised interface?  Is there a different FSX view I need to be in?  I have tried all available and still no interface as shown in the manual!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:58:15 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 07:00:58 pm »
More specifically,  I had fixed AFCAD for LJLJ before upload.  GSX shows the SAME AFCAD and Location but it has now classified the gates by their AFCAD index number instead of by the actual GATE number.

Sorry, but this is not possible, the update doesn't touch ANYTHING in AFCAD of non-FSDT sceneries. The only modification you made to AFCADs would eventually "lost" ONLY if you modified an FSDT scenery, because all our installers (not just GSX) always download the most current version of the AFCAD of an FSDT scenery.

And, of course, no modifications are really "lost", since the installer obviously made a backup of your AFCAD BEFORE the installation, check the scenery folder.

And, I'll repeat it again, this matters ONLY to FSDT sceneries. No other AFCAD of any other airport is ever touched by GSX.

In reading the initial announcement, I may perhaps not have everything installed so I will try again to install.  What files should I have if all is correctly installed?  Manual does not discuss this.

There's no need for the manual to discuss files, since this is being dealt with by the installer. If you were supposed to handle files manually, there wouldn't be any need for having an installer in the first place.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 07:04:16 pm »
I then press OK since that is the only option available and it returns to FSX as in image#2.  Where is the promised interface?  Is there a different FSX view I need to be in?  I have tried all available and still no interface as shown in the manual!

What you are describing doesn't happen, never happen and can't happen. It seems you are missing the new objects representing the graphical pointers, but it's not possible you could miss them, because they come with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The only possible explanation, is that you installed an old Stand-Alone Addon Manager you already had, instead of the new one. As clearly explained in the manual, when there's a major Live Update, it's not enough to just run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, you need to DOWNLOAD it again.

Be sure you download the most current version from our website, and be sure you install THAT version.

crauds

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »
Aha!  You are right, Umberto.  I used the current "manager" in my Coati folder.  I will download from the website and hope all will then be well.  Thanks for your timely response.

**Problem Resolved**

I had made the same mistake on the last upgrade.  Found that I was still using 1.3 with some elements of 1.4 thrown in!  I now have a working v1.5.  Quite impressive, I might add.  Thanks, Umberto.

Craig
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:37:59 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams