Author Topic: GSX,PHNL,KSFO not working No Addon Manager or Couatl menu Bar  (Read 7206 times)

SFOpilot

Hi I recently faced this problem of GSX PHNL and KSFO  not working. The menu bar of the Addon Manager and Couatl is missing. Please don't tell me the SAME drill. I did the uninstall antivirus off exclude scan yadayada. Please give me a legit explanation on how to fix this problem. There are no buildings  and GSX would not work. Also I have a problem with GSX. I recently purchased PHNL. I had GSX working in other default airports including my payware. But eversince I got PHNL it stopped working. I noticed that PHNL had the park me feature. Its cool to access the hangars and stuff. BUT GSX is not working with the other airports. My command is CTRL TAB and nothing pops up. The park me command is CTRL Shift P. It wud say parking is not available in this airport. Cmon FSDT fix this problem! Thanks.

i7 2600k @ 3.4 ghz
8GB DDR
Nvidia Ge Force GTX 550 1GB
500HDD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX,PHNL,KSFO not working No Addon Manager or Couatl menu Bar
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:53:46 pm »
The menu bar of the Addon Manager and Couatl is missing. Please don't tell me the SAME drill.

If there are no menu bars, nothing will work. If you are *really* sure it's not the antivrus, we'll start the drill, just without the antivirus part:

- First, check you haven't put "virtuali" in the non-trusted authors: this will prevent ANYTHING signed by us to run.

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Authors" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

- If that doesn't work, you can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your install:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

SFOpilot

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 04:33:18 am »
First of all, thanks for replying. I got it to work! But heres the problem with GSX. Like I said It worked before with fsx default airports and other airports. Now it only works on FSDT airports. The GSX command on FSDT is for the hangars and stuff. And the Park me handles the gates. But also in the FSDT airports. I cant access ANY ground vehicles. I have no idea how to fix this. The park me would just let me park somewhere. In a default fsx airport or payware airport. Park says its not available. And when I choose GSX, no window pops up. Please Help!

SFOpilot

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 08:48:54 am »
Also may I add that when I select Park Me or GSX when I click an option or try to close the gsx and park me window this box pops up saying : The addon <unknown> is causing couatl scripting engine to restart. It happens every time! I already have the latest addo manager! This problem is disappointing me :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 02:43:52 pm »
This because you have installed a scenery using an old installer after GSX. Either reinstall GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, as the last thing you do.

SFOpilot

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 03:02:32 am »
Okay I'll try that. But will that make other default and payware airports have ground services again? Also I'm not to sure if your assiociated with flightbeam. I'm trying to get support from them for KSFOx but have gotten no response. I noticed that when I load FSX with KSFO to be spawned at, it doesn't load at all. It either stays at 0% or 33%. Let me rephrase that. ANy where near the bay area, such KSJC and KOAK. It will not load. The bay area is simply not loading. I have seen the problem. I spawned at KRNO and slew my way over to the Bay area. My virtual cockpit is gray, the exterior of my plane is gray, the airports in the bay area are gray, the ground is gray and light green, and etc. Please help me or forward this to flightbeam or anyone who has any idea to fix this. Ive noticed this eversince I had the previous problem I had. I need to fly out of KSFO only because its my virtual airline hub, hometown airport, and favorite airport!! Please!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 11:21:39 am »
Okay I'll try that. But will that make other default and payware airports have ground services again?

If you install GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do, this will usually fix any possible problems with using older installers.

Let me rephrase that. ANy where near the bay area, such KSJC and KOAK. It will not load. The bay area is simply not loading. I have seen the problem. I spawned at KRNO and slew my way over to the Bay area. My virtual cockpit is gray, the exterior of my plane is gray, the airports in the bay area are gray, the ground is gray and light green, and etc.!

I doubt this has anything to do with the Flightbeam scenery, a problem with the airport shouldn't affect your airplane textures. Is most likely a video memory or video driver problem, or an FSX.CFG tweak that shouldn't have been applied.

Try to reset your FSX.CFG to default by removing the file at:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to create a new one from scratch.

If that doesn't work, try to reset your video driver to default and/or updated it to the most current version.