Author Topic: All Praise to Virtualli & his Team !! Amazing work guys Love GSX  (Read 3913 times)

cowings1588

For the first time since moving FSX over to C:\FSX.. I finally got a flight in with no FSX errors  & made it too my destination where I got to finally get to see GSX at work besides for just departure which is awsome in itself.. I love getting marshalled into the gate.. The mashaller is awsome.. Absolutley fantastic..

Thank you FSDT for making GSX.. Maybe hopefully in the future, there be an update to help out with ERJ's where the door is on the right instead of the left side..

The only thing I did notice when I got to Brownsville & pulled up the gate for GSX that tower told me I was going too which was gate 3 & United & AA is the only 2 airlines at Brownsville,Tx but yet it gave me the US Airways ramp... I don't know if its because my call sign was Jet-Link which I was using which was Continental Express ERJ's call sign.. Prosbably should of used United Express but because no one has done a united Express paint job for my Feelthere ERJ's yet & still under my Continental Express name on my ERJ's I used Jet-Link call sign.. However I don't recall Us Airways having any of there ERJ's called Jet-Link most of there's is skywest & so on.. So not sure why I didn't get the United ramp.. Ohh well it was wonderful having GSX marshall my plane in nontheless...  Makes it alot easier to just pull in the gate like in real life instead of having to go outside to guide my own plane into the gate..  :)
COA
Bill

Andrew737

Re: All Praise to Virtualli & his Team !! Amazing work guys Love GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 12:32:52 am »
Yes all Praise to the team - very much deserved.

FSDT and PMDG make FSX what it is at its best - they are complete legends  :)

I finally got a flight in with no FSX errors

FSX is amazing when it works properly; and it can work properly! I used the service of FS-GS check them out - transformed my experience.

Glad you enjoyed your flight  ;D

Andrew
Regards Andrew

cowings1588

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:36:11 am »
Yea you got that right.. I still like FSX alot though over FS9.. Everything is much crispier & clearer & water & sky looks alot more realistic...

The only thing I wish Microsoft games would have inserted into FSX when they made it is for the tower upon approach much like real life would give us speeds to go by when on approach to keep each aircraft spaced properly so it would limit the ever so annoying go arounds.. Because FSX has no speed limit on approach, thats why we have so many aircraft almost trying to land so close together causing mulitple go arounds.. Not just us but among the AI's too.. However had MS games when they made FSX inserted into the tower to give us certain speeds to fly at upon approach we wouldn't have as many go arounds as we see today on FSX..   Another thing I wish they would have done not as much as the speed limit but more less would of been a nice to have.. Would be the approach or tower upon final would ask what gate we'd like & if its taken up but if they knew the plane was due to leave they'd either put us in holding spot or give us a gate for our airline closes to the one we entered that we want.. Cause I don't know about you but when I fly.. I fly for United which is former Continental Airlines & when I fly using the real flight number thats actually being used & the actual gates being used to add to the realism.. Right now you ask ground control & they give you some off the wall number sometimes not even in the same terminal you want to be going to.  So it would be nice to have had that but not as important as I wish they would of atleast had the speed controlling & spacing of aircraft like they do in real life which would really cut down on the number of go arounds they make you have to do..

Don't worry I already know, I can ask for different approach.. I'm well aware of that but still it would be more realistic had they added it.. :)  Then you'd see that perfect spacing that you see at real airports in real world at night where perfectly spaced apart nicely & you don't see whole lot of go arounds either in real world with them spaced apart unless there's a unique problem for whatever reason.  but not half as much as we see in FSX today because of no speed limit or space seperation upon arrival.. I lost my on time because I had to do a go around.. I would of arrived on time if not early & I was lined up for the runway nicely too.. 

However I must agree with you I sure like my FSX when its running good.. Its enjoyable to fly !!  :)

Can hardly wait for the next GSX update.. Hopefully the option for straight push back will be on this next update for it.. I seen where someone already said something about it & Virtualli told that person its been noted & will be taken care of on one of these updates, hopefully the next one.. Kinda weird having push left or right but not a straight push back option...  Also hoping in time they will adjust it so that the carts don't go under the wings but around the wings.. We as real ramp agents.. Thats a Major No,No going under wings that can get you suspended or terminated from your job..We go around the wings staying clear of them.. Also if the jetway is available I'd like not to have the airstairs come over to the door but use the jetway for boarding.. Its going to look funny in my videos if I have the jetway & Airstairs both go up to the front door..  I really hope someday maybe they can adjust the problem with the ERJ's with the cargo door on the right side but this is the same even with Aerosoft's AES too there's wouldn't come on the left side either for ERJ but I believe in short time Virtualli & his team can get GSX to hopefully do it for ERJ's where they will handle it with the cargo door being on the left side.. There really the only aircraft exception for the wide body that does have that one extra bulk bin door on there left side but most commercial planes are on the right side.. Its the ERJ's & CRJ's that are the 2 that mainly have cargo on the left & everyone else is on the right..
COA
Bill

Andrew737

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »
Hello Cowings1588  :)

Sounds like you are very FSX proficient.

I haven't got to the part where I can turn the sim on and just fly yet, all my flights are test flights for setting various hardware and add-ons up.

I started only 2 years ago and have spent the whole time building a cockpit - cp flight, engravity, rev sim etc and PM software as well as 1tb worth of add ons!

I hope soon to be flying on VAT Sim and reaping the rewards from my labour of love - FSX

Keep enjoying FSX

Regards

Andrew

Back on topic - thanks FSDT for GSX it's great but straight push back please  :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:20:32 pm by Andrew737 »
Regards Andrew