Author Topic: Graphical airplane editor  (Read 4089 times)

Andrew737

Graphical airplane editor
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:21:05 am »
Hi Umberto (and all at the Mighty FSDT)

How's the graphical airplane editor coming along, I would love to get my virtual hands on it! ;)

Best Regards

Andrew
Regards Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Graphical airplane editor
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:26:40 am »
We aren't working on a graphical airplane editor right now so, it's not coming along at all...as announced here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6544.0

We are working on a *scenery* graphical editor, which should be released fairly soon.

Next will be a parking assistance graphical editor, that will allow you to interactively place marshallers and set the correct stop distance and place any kind of docking system on any parking of every airport, and with this, the scenery editing features will be completed.

Then, we'll move to the Airplane graphical editor.

Andrew737

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 11:08:50 pm »
Hi Umberto

Thanks for the reply and for putting me straight. I got my wires crossed thinking the scenery editor was the airplane editor.  :-[

Every update is a welcome one and this will be too.

In the meantime I will get to grips with the airplane text editor. A while back you sent me a default 738 cfg file for my 'custom plane' based on the default 738, sadly it did not work, however putting this plane in the default 738 folder DID work but alas the plane started behaving more like the default one!

Back to the drawing board with the current editor for me ???

Thanks again

Andrew
Regards Andrew

bobbyjoh

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:26:06 am »
Hi Umberto,

Hopefully one of your next updates will solve this issue.  I planed a flight from Toronto to Orlando using data from FlightAware.  The gate that a 767 was going to use was C74 real world.   The FSX gates for BluePrint's KMCO had this gate as medium, which GSX had no service available at this gate.  After landing I checked FSX and found that the only gates available at this airside were 71 and 80-85. 

Instead of going into FSX to read where the heavy gates are, can the upcoming editor allow gates that are used in the real world be reconfigured to change parking designations in the AFCAD's ?

I moved my 767 from 74 to gate 81 and GSX is now happy.  Any chance this can happen.

Thanks for a great product.

Bob 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 07:08:05 pm »
Yes, we are considering an option to override the AFCAD parking size, of course using at your own risk, but with the graphical editor, you should be able to fix any problems at any parking.

bobbyjoh

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 07:33:31 pm »
Thats such good news.  GSX rules  8)