Author Topic: ILS 28 doesn't work  (Read 11015 times)

axiom13

ILS 28 doesn't work
« on: May 22, 2008, 04:36:29 am »
Why doesn't ILS 28 work? AI planes are all landing visual, even in terrible conditions, and I get assigned visual 28, and when requesting a change to ILS there is no option for ILS 28. Does any one know whats up?

axiom
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:39:08 am by axiom13 »

JamesChams

Re: ILS 28 doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:02:31 am »
axiom13,

When ATC assigns you an approach you don't want...

From the ATC Window:-
1. Choose the Select Another Approach and request it.
2. Choose the other Runway or the runway for the approach you are going for.
3. Request the approach/Runway from the Controlling agency.

That will get the ATC to give you both the approach and runway assignment that you might like; but be aware that you may get the approach with a circle to land to another Runway.  This has to do the winds at the time for the runway assignment.  In the real world, if conditions are right, you could get the runway assignment of your choice (if, for instance, winds are calm) but FS' ATC is limited.

Hope this helps!  :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:47:57 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

axiom13

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 05:26:17 pm »
thanks, but i knew this info already, the problem is that you can't choose 28 ils even when the wind is at 270. ils 28 doesn't exist in fs.

axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 05:45:30 pm »
You are probably using the AFCAD you modified yourself, right ?

The loss of the approaches might be due to this, depending what program you used to save your modified AFCAD, probably you lost the approach section that we supply in our default AFCAD for FSX, so the default approaches for O'Hare are now showing up. You can verify this also with the GPS, if you don't see approaches for 10/28, they will also not be available in the ATC.

If you restore our original AFCAD, you'll should see approaches reappearing.

Maybe we'll use the same method as in the FS9 version: with 2 AFCADs, one with approaches only, and the other with everything else, that people can tweak and save, without worrying of losing the approaches.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:34:43 pm »
Gents,

Right, I figured he was using his own AFCAD, which I haven't tested, and thus the errors.  But using the FSDreamTeam's KORD default AFCAD works just fine.

Thank you and good luck!
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

axiom13

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 04:31:25 am »
Thanks for the reply, but there is a misunderstanding. The 28 ILS/DME does show up in GPS, and in the FS map, etc. ATC never uses it. I reinstalled KORD with the default AFCAD and the problem is still there. ATC will never assigns vectors to ILS/DME runway 28 approach, always visual, and when I go to change approach there are options for every single other ILS vector accept for ILSE/DME 28 (There are two odd choices just labled "[ILS]"). Try to ask for approach change in FSX and tell me if vectors to ILS 28 exists on your list, because it doesn't on mine. I tried fixing this myself, I was able to solve the crosswind problem, but Im having trouble with this Navid. (All the other ILS approaches work fine, AI get assigned ILS etc, accept for 28. I live under the 28 approach path, I see planes approaching 28 everyday, this navid needs to be fixed.)

@JamesChams,
you haven't tested my Xwind yet? Seriously?

axiom

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 05:12:20 am »
axiom,

Yes; I do get the ILS 28 and Visual 28 with KORD X.  When I tried your AFCAD it worked only if I listed the KORD X AFCAD above your AFCAD in the scenery library settings.  I'm guessing that there is missing info. in your AFCAD; thus corrupting the FSX setup; not sure which one?  I removed your AFCAD and it all works fine now; but I never really removed the KORD X, just added yours in the Add on Scenery\Scenery folder.  But I was getting some ATC functional errors due to the duplicate AFCAD's so, I've removed your temporarily.  :'(

Good Luck!
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

axiom13

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 05:57:31 am »
Which afcad file are you using? the default v1.1 or the one available on the forum (can you attach it to a reply please). I tried using the one on the forum but nothin. When I request an approach change the list goes 32L 32R 14L 14R 27L skips 28 and straight to 4L 4R etc, only visual 28 is available. Im really frustrated.

axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 10:40:07 am »
he default v1.1 or the one available on the forum (can you attach it to a reply please).

Perhaps you are using the FS9 version in FSX ? All AFCADs posted in this forum, by Harpsi, and others, are for FS9 only and do not contain any approaches because, in FS9, we had a separate AFCAD for the approaches.

The only AFCAD for FSX posted in this forum (I think), it's yours.

The most recent AFCAD for FSX made by us, is the one that comes with v1.1 installer, that should work.

axiom13

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 07:40:35 pm »
im talking about the AFCAD to fix the double gate problem. Can I get a seperate file with only the approach please, so I can test it out?
Thanks,
axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 09:08:55 pm »
im talking about the AFCAD to fix the double gate problem

That one has been rendered obsolete with the 1.1 release. If you put that one in 1.1, you'll be downgrading. The 1.1, of course, already includes that fix.

Can I get a seperate file with only the approach please, so I can test it out?

Yes, I'm going to post it here soon.