Author Topic: How to define business services?  (Read 4875 times)

Douglas

How to define business services?
« on: May 01, 2012, 12:17:02 am »
Hello, I would define the company for the services of certain aircraft. For example, I fly with the airline Azul (Wilco E190/E195). In real life, Azul receives services from Swissport but when I use GSX, it shows the cars of other companies and I can not change.

Can anyone help me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to define business services?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:45:03 am »
The services are not related the airplane you are flying, but are a combination of the airport and the parking code (as defined in the scenery AFCAD) of the selected gate.

The assumption is that, you can't expect to be serviced by your preferred handling company *everywhere* and, since FSX allows to fly any airline anywhere, it's more realistic to link services to the airport, if I fly an Alitalia airplane to JFK or KLAX, I can't expect to find the same handlers as in Italy.

Since GSX ALSO use the airline parking code of the gate (if the scenery supports it, of course), you can indicate some kind of preferred services, by parking your airplane on a gate that has your airline code, which is more realistic too even without considering handlers.

So, if the scenery you use has its parkings correctly set with the codes of your airline AND your preferred handling company is available at that airport, chances are you'll get your preferred handler.

If not, you should edit the scenery AFCAD to add your airline code to the gates your airline normally use, and go park there.

If that airport is not serviceable by that GSX handler (Swissport in your example) you should add its ICAO to the SIM.CFG of the GSX vehicles in the Swissport livery.

To know more about this, download the Paintkit, the documentation covers this matters in great detail.

Pooch

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:04 am »
It seems that a not insignificant number of simmers have quite some knowledge of real world airport handling and would like to get their GSX as close as possible to reality, me included. Given the fact that most airlines have different handling agents at different airports I understand that this gets very tricky for a designer.

To choose the parking-code as a trigger is not too satisfying because many parkings are shared between different airlines.

The possibility to modify the sim.cfg is a better choice but the sim.cfg is overwritten with every major update and one has to modify all over again.

I think it would be more user friendly to make all individual modifications in GSX vehicles_USER and its sim.cfg provided it takes priority over the sim.cfg of the default GSX vehicles.

Would that be possible in a future update?

Thanks, Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 11:08:54 am »
To choose the parking-code as a trigger is not too satisfying because many parkings are shared between different airlines.

No because, if there are many candidates, your own airline checks will then matters. However, most of the airplanes used in FSX, all default and most of the 3rd party addons airplanes, don't use the atc_parking_codes command in their aircraft.cfg, so this feature is never used.

For example, GSX right now already suggest the parking spots with your own airline code as first in the list, but not many noticed it, because not many airplanes have atc_parking_codes properly set for every repaint.

think it would be more user friendly to make all individual modifications in GSX vehicles_USER and its sim.cfg provided it takes priority over the sim.cfg of the default GSX vehicles.

That could be arranged.

Pooch

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:50:22 pm »
Code: [Select]
That could be arranged.
That sounds very good ! Thanks for your always positive attitude !
Peter