Author Topic: FSX crash when pressing alt+enter  (Read 13072 times)

low_Fuel

FSX crash when pressing alt+enter
« on: April 28, 2012, 10:44:56 pm »
Hello,

since a few weeks I got a FSX crash when I push alt+enter.
I play FSX default in full screen and when i want to go to window mode for example to look up the weather I get a crash. And thats how it looks like: When pushing alt+enter I get to the desktop but I do not see a FSX window. There is only the symbol in the task bar. But I still hear the sound and when I press the symbol in the task bar nothing happens. After several times clicking on the symbol I receive a message that an error has occured. Thereafter the computer wants to find a solution for the problem and FSX restarts.
I have tested it in several scenarios:
Error occurs when:
PMDG 737 NGX in EDDT (scenery "EDDT TXL Berlin-Tegel light" to be found on http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=eddt&CatID=fsx&Go=Search) at parking position 53 and then pressing alt+enter.
PMDG 737 NGX in Antalya by aerosoft at stand 101 (or 10B) and then pressing alt+enter.
PMDG 737 NGX departed out of Tegel at FL153 inbound EDDF (not pushed alt+enter yet) and then pressing alt+enter.
Airbus X by aerosoft in Tegel(same scenery) gate 11 and then pressing alt+enter.
Error doesn't occurs when:
PMDG 737 NGX in EDDT (same scenery) not starting GSX and then pressing alt+enter. I tested it about half an hour and nothing happened.

Important:
Though I wrote down the scenery names I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it since this also happens whenn flying when GSX was activated on Ground before.

I completly reinstalled GSX already and downloaded the latest graphic card driver(graphic card is GeForce GTX 560 Ti).

Thanks in advance

low_Fuel

P.S. I'm pretty new to the forums and it would be nice if I have something done wrong you could give me a friendly advise how to do it correct.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:47:02 pm by low_Fuel »

StevenK

Re: FSX crash when pressing alt+enter
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:10:49 pm »
My guess would be something none related to GSX but i could be wrong,
i would have a shot and say it could be a addon aircraft that you may have added or a scenery addon that is causing this problem.
but as you said above it didn't happen when you didn't use GSX
I would suggest you uninstall GSX and also the Addon Manager and do a clean install of both GSX and the Addon Manager to see if that helps.

Does this only occur when you press ALT+Enter?
what about pressing the windows logo key to bring up the task bar? does the crash still happen?
What about default aircraft?

Things to try
Try uninstalling any addons that you have added in the past few days/weeks or from the time you noticed you were having problems

see if that helps
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:02:39 pm »
Nobody else ever reported this so, it can't be possibly be a GSX problem, since it would be fairly easy to check. The issue is, going from Windowed mode to Full screen IS very complex, and requires the video driver to discard all memory and reload it from scratch.

So, it might take some time and, while you wait the switch to complete, you shouldn't touch anything.

boilerbill

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:36:00 pm »
You don't happen to be using the ENBSERIES, do you? There is a known problem using Alt+Enter with it, as discussed at http://forum.avsim.net/topic/302491-enbseries-plug-in-and-altenter-crash. Since nobody has reported the same problem with GSX, it's likely to be due to other software. If you do a search of the Internet using "FSX alt-enter", you'll find that there are a few discussions about Alt-Enter. Maybe something there will help.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

low_Fuel

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:47:55 pm »
You don't happen to be using the ENBSERIES, do you? There is a known problem using Alt+Enter with it, as discussed at http://forum.avsim.net/topic/302491-enbseries-plug-in-and-altenter-crash. Since nobody has reported the same problem with GSX, it's likely to be due to other software. If you do a search of the Internet using "FSX alt-enter", you'll find that there are a few discussions about Alt-Enter. Maybe something there will help.

Yep, that's it. Thank you I hope I will find a solution for that in the internet.

But unfortunately I got another problem now after un- and reinstalling GSX: The loaders and the people wich load the bags into the plane are invisible (advanced animations are on). I took a pic to show what I mean:

Crashdive

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:58:52 pm »

Ahhh! Thanx for the insight, I am having exactly that issue using ENB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 10:23:53 am »
If objects disappears, it's surely a video driver problem or a video settings problem. It's possible the ENB program has set some special registry keys that changed something in the video settings.

Try to reset your video card settings to default, update your video driver or, if that still doesn't work, use a driver cleaner utility and reinstall the video drivers after cleaning up.

low_Fuel

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 11:06:06 pm »
I tested several options but they don`t work at all:

reset your video card settings to defaul
done!

use a driver cleaner utility and reinstall the video drivers after cleaning up.
done! (the cleaner can be found here:http://www.chip.de/downloads/Driver-Cleaner-PE_13009243.html)

reinstall GSX
done!

deleting enb completly from the computer
done!

run "Tune up Utilitys"( to clear the registry; http://www.tuneup.de/)
done!

I`m running out of ideas :(

German sites, hope you will be able to use this infos though.

low_Fuel

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »
Finally I have good news.

After installing the mini update which was released a few days earlier the problem seems to be gone.
Loaders appear again and everything works fine.
Thank you very much,

low_Fuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »
Strange, the mini-update only added a few repaints, it can't possibly have any relationship with the crash in full-screen.

low_Fuel

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 04:38:22 pm »
Yep thats right but I meant the mini update solved the problem with the invisible loaders which I reported a few messages back

Yep, that's it. Thank you I hope I will find a solution for that in the internet.

But unfortunately I got another problem now after un- and reinstalling GSX: The loaders and the people wich load the bags into the plane are invisible (advanced animations are on). I took a pic to show what I mean:

low_Fuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »
Yep thats right but I meant the mini update solved the problem with the invisible loaders which I reported a few messages back

And it couldn't have any effect on that too since, as I've said, it only added some new repaints.

The only way it could have fixed this, is if you modified the loaders sim.cfg, changing some parameter that resulting in an error so the vehicle would be rejected by GSX, and the update restored the file as it supposed to be.

low_Fuel

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 10:34:09 pm »
I haven`t done any GSX edits yet however this fixed the problem not completly. The people which are loading the bags and the bags are still invisible. It may be something related to the loaders sim cfg since the problem still exists with the bags and the loading personal.
But as I said I never changed something wich has to do with GSX.

low_Fuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 10:39:33 am »
I haven`t done any GSX edits yet however this fixed the problem not completly. The people which are loading the bags and the bags are still invisible. It may be something related to the loaders sim cfg since the problem still exists with the bags and the loading personal.

Try to uninstall GSX entirely and reinstall the most current version using the most current installer.

low_Fuel

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »
Thank you very much that fixed the problem.

low_Fuel