Author Topic: Tip for very easy exit configuration in GSX  (Read 4957 times)

stephanadler

Tip for very easy exit configuration in GSX
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:36:16 am »
The GSX plane editor can be tricky to use with alot of trial and error to get the exits perfect. I want to share with you how I do it.

First off, you should google or search the sim sites for an intelliscene file for your airplane. For example, the project airbus a318 you can google project airbus a318 intelliscene or pa318 intelliscene.
The intelliscene file contains all exit and nose gear data in a structure similar to your aircraft.cfg file. If you find the file you simply save it to the root directory of your airplane being editied.

If you cant find the intelliscene file, like for the a318, here is what you do. This has worked every time for me for countless planes.

1.Download AES, its free and you can use Nuremberg for free as well with it.

2.Install AES.

3.Start FSX, load up a flight with the plane you want to edit and set it to Nuremberg airport in Germany.

4.Set FSX to windowed mode for now

5.Open the AES help program from your start menu

6.Click aircraft config

7.Here you can select your exits and use the checkboxes to enable and disable exits that may or may not be available on your plane. You can also now use the arrows in the interface to move the little green and yellow triangles that are now appearing near the exits of your plane in windowed mode. The goal here is to get the base of the triangle and the back 90 degree vertical side, flush with the door of your plane.

8.Once you do this and are happy with it click save.

9.Close AES help

10.Go to fullscreen

11.Test out GSX now, all vehicles will be placed correctly and lined up perfectly.

12.You can also disable AES from the scenery library after you are done so that it doesnt load at all with fsx, then simply enable it to reconfigure your aircrafts when needed.

Johan

Re: Tip for very easy exit configuration in GSX
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 06:47:46 pm »
The GSX plane editor can be tricky to use with alot of trial and error to get the exits perfect. I want to share with you how I do it.

First off, you should google or search the sim sites for an intelliscene file for your airplane. For example, the project airbus a318 you can google project airbus a318 intelliscene or pa318 intelliscene.
The intelliscene file contains all exit and nose gear data in a structure similar to your aircraft.cfg file. If you find the file you simply save it to the root directory of your airplane being editied.

If you cant find the intelliscene file, like for the a318, here is what you do. This has worked every time for me for countless planes.

1.Download AES, its free and you can use Nuremberg for free as well with it.

2.Install AES.

3.Start FSX, load up a flight with the plane you want to edit and set it to Nuremberg airport in Germany.

4.Set FSX to windowed mode for now

5.Open the AES help program from your start menu

6.Click aircraft config

7.Here you can select your exits and use the checkboxes to enable and disable exits that may or may not be available on your plane. You can also now use the arrows in the interface to move the little green and yellow triangles that are now appearing near the exits of your plane in windowed mode. The goal here is to get the base of the triangle and the back 90 degree vertical side, flush with the door of your plane.

8.Once you do this and are happy with it click save.

9.Close AES help

10.Go to fullscreen

11.Test out GSX now, all vehicles will be placed correctly and lined up perfectly.

12.You can also disable AES from the scenery library after you are done so that it doesnt load at all with fsx, then simply enable it to reconfigure your aircrafts when needed.

This procedure works great for me too. Thanks Stephan. It would be great if GSX had the same kind of graphic interface, to position doors and cargo doors visually around the plane...
Thanks again and FSDT for this great addon.

Johan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Tip for very easy exit configuration in GSX
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:36:13 pm »
It would be great if GSX had the same kind of graphic interface, to position doors and cargo doors visually around the plane...Thanks again and FSDT for this great addon.

That will come. We are working on a visual interface to customize sceneries, but the same will be added to airplane customizations, with future upgrades. For the time being, the text editor will suffice.

Note that, I personally prefer to work with the text parameters, and I use this procedure:

- Edit a single parameter at time, the longitudinal position ( the 2nd coordinate )  is usually the first one, trying to get it close visually.

- Press "Save" on the editor

- Select a "Deboarding", and have a look at the affected vehicle for my exit

- Select "Reset Position" and go back to the GSX Editor to further tweak the parameter until I get it right

- Select another parameter and work on that with the same method, until I get the exit right

- Move to the next Exit.