Author Topic: GSX.CFG problem with cargo loader  (Read 6336 times)

francesco_752

GSX.CFG problem with cargo loader
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:52:17 pm »
Hi at all,

I'm doing now the config file for the Project Airbus family merged with Wilco/feelthere (from A318 'till A321) but I've got a problem with the A318 cargo doors.
In section "uldcode" I've wrote "BELT" to use the conveyor belt, because the A318 is too small for the cargo loader (the veichles crash into the engine and into the wing) but GSX is still using the Cargo Loader.
Here my config for the cargo doors:

[cargo1]
pos = 0.75 6.0 -1.5 0.0
code = 2
name = Cargo Front
uldcode = BELT

[cargo2]
pos = 0.65 -4.55 -1.5 0.0
code = 2
name = Cargo Aft
uldcode = BELT

As you see everything is correct (I've followed your excellent manual! Really, great job!).
How can I solve?

Thank You and sorry for my english, I'm a student so it's quite difficult for me!  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX.CFG problem with cargo loader
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:12:46 pm »
Have a look here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6475.0

With the last update, you need to specify if you are working in absolute or relative coordinates. Since I see a -1.5 meters in height, I guess you are working in relative coordinates so, you need to tell the program, by setting

absoluteheights = 0

in the [aircraft] section.

francesco_752

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:17:02 pm »
It's already set "0".... Tomorrow I'll try to set "1" to see what will happen...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 10:19:53 pm »
It's already set "0".... Tomorrow I'll try to set "1" to see what will happen...

1 will surely not work, because it would mean cargo doors are below ground level so, every loader will be rejected.

Be sure the GSX.CFG file you are modifying is the one that is being read, GSX reads a GSX.CFG file from both the airplane root folder under the FSX folder and the %APPDATA%\airplanes folder, with the one inside %APPDATA% taking precedence over the one in the FSX folder.

francesco_752

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 01:42:40 pm »
Untill now, I saved the config files in AppData/myuser/Virtuali, as it is written in the manual...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:08:52 pm »
Untill now, I saved the config files in AppData/myuser/Virtuali, as it is written in the manual...

That's not the correct folder, the correct folder is

%APPDATA%\Virtuali, not %APPDATA%\myuser\Virtuali

AND, under the Virtuali folder, there will be an Airplane folder, which contains the name of the airplane, same as the root folder that contains the airplane in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplane folder so, for example, a GSX.CFG for the default B737-800 will be saved in the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\B737_800

Of course, if you just press "Save", the editor automatically use the correct folder. It's only if you press "Save As..." that you will be allowed to choose a location to save it, so you can potentially made a mistake. The "Save As..." option is useful if you want to share the file via email, post in on a forum, so you can select a more convenient place to store it.

francesco_752

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:36:30 pm »
Ups, I've made a mistake!
The correct path is AppData/Roaming/Virtuali (My SO is Windows 7 Ultimate)

I've rebooted the pc after an update and now it works (but I'm not sure because the airplane was in another gate of LIMC). As soon as possible I'll do a second test to confirm if now works...

Thank You Umberto!

Ciao!