Author Topic: Some problems after installing version 1.4  (Read 3045 times)

Hreygro

Some problems after installing version 1.4
« on: April 20, 2012, 01:29:36 am »
Hello all and Umberto

After installing GSX version 1.4, FSX crashes right on boot, without any alert message.
I know the recommanded cures for that issue and I tried to deactivate my antivirus before installing, etc. I have UAC deactivated too...
When I reinstall version 1.3, everything works OK again.
So I suspect the culprit is my particular system not liking something in v1.4.

My system is W7 64 US version with no permanent internet connection, just an analogic modem that i connect when needed (I cannot get a high speed ADSL connection where I stay).
So when I install GSX, it tries to download something and warns me about not finding any internet link. So I click next and the setup goes on with no problems, apart the bglmanx.dll in the FSX folder, which I manually replace with a right one, downloaded from your site. 
I suspect the problem with new version 1.4 is the bglmanx file.

Any idea about that, apart from getting a good high speed internet connection, which is impossible in my particular case ?

Thanks by advance and congrats for your GSX program : before v1.4, it worked with no problems at all...

henri R

Wegger

Re: Some problems after installing version 1.4
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:34:53 am »
Same for me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some problems after installing version 1.4
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:47:58 pm »
The bglmanx.dll in the 1.4 version is *exactly* the same version as in previous version so, that's surely not the reason of your problem.

Instead, the problem is likely that, if you download *only* the .dll, without the associated .dat files, FSX will surely crash on start without warning.

However, if you download and install the current version of the Addon Manager, the included files are *exactly* the same as the file that are online now, so it won't make any difference if your internet connection is working or not, because the files are the same.