Author Topic: Service not available  (Read 4888 times)

dolor

Service not available
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:04:42 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Last night I tried to use GSX after a fresh FSX install, so what I'll tell you comes only from two tries in the same airport.

I was in Aerosoft's Kos (LGKO) and if I remember well it was parking spot #5 (no gates in LGKO) in my PMDG's NGX.  The installer and the manager are the most updated as I downloaded them yesterday.  When I pressed ctrl+F12 I got a message saying that GSX services are not available in this airport (or smth similar).

Sorry to say that I didn't try in another airport due to time shortage, except FlyTampa's LGAV where GSX worked well.  I'll try some other addon and default sceneries and will update you if I face the same issue elsewhere.

Regards,
George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Service not available
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:05:57 pm »
That message indicates the AFCAD doesn't either provide suitable parkings or has orphaned parkings, etc.

dolor

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:08:12 pm »
Ok,

I'll have a check with ADE and will let you know.

calimhiro

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 08:49:11 pm »
good evening,

I have the same problem since the last update 1.4.
I loaded 2 flights with the PMDG MD11, one at KSEA, one at KGEG, default base scenery, no addon.
I have the same message :"no airport services are available at this position".
I have tested with the FSDT Zurich scenery, and the only option I have is to raise or lower airport's shades.
I changed aircraft for the PMDG 737NGX, the same.
I tested at an airport FVHA, freeware scenery found on avsim, where it worked before the update. Now with the new update, it does not work anymore. And it is the same scenery than before. So this can't be :
That message indicates the AFCAD doesn't either provide suitable parkings or has orphaned parkings, etc.

I have removed GSX, rebooted the computer and reinstalled GSX, still the same message !
In the Key Mapping for couatl-powered products Menu, I only have 2 choices :
- PArk Me Show PArk me menu SHIFT+CTRL+P
- Global Show youcontrol menu CTRL+F12
Nothing else.
I don't know what I can do more to reactivate all GSX functionnality.If anyone have an idea.
Thanks

Stephane

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:00 pm »
I have the same problem since the last update 1.4.

It's not possible the update would have caused this.

I have removed GSX, rebooted the computer and reinstalled GSX, still the same message !
In the Key Mapping for couatl-powered products Menu, I only have 2 choices :
- PArk Me Show PArk me menu SHIFT+CTRL+P
- Global Show youcontrol menu CTRL+F12
Nothing else.

There's nothing else you are supposed to see.

GSX never had an hotkey for itself, it used the YouControl hotkey, CTRL+F12. If you use GSX on an FSDT scenery which has a YouControl menu, GSX will appear as a sub-option of that menu so, it's all normal, that key is always called "YouControl"

Have you used an installer you already had ? If you remove everything, it's best you start using the most current full installer, otherwise you would need to go through all the Live Updates that were released after that one.

Use the most current installer, and don't install anything after GSX.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:04:31 pm by virtuali »

dolor

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:59:44 pm »
Just for your info, I checked the AFCAD file and it seemed to be ok (with parking positions etc) although I wouldn't call myself an expert in this.

However since then I've used the same (and other) airports many times without problems.

Hope it was a one-time glitch or that it's just an issue of a simple FSX restart.

Anyhow, I'd like to thank Umberto for his quick response and his wonderful addon!  If you could somehow help us use the jetways it'd be perfect!

George

calimhiro

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 05:51:57 am »

Have you used an installer you already had ? If you remove everything, it's best you start using the most current full installer, otherwise you would need to go through all the Live Updates that were released after that one.

Use the most current installer, and don't install anything after GSX.

I made some other tests :
- downloaded the latest installer 1.4.1 from the website.
- installed ==> same problem
- removed the current GSX version, removed addon manager and COUATL via add/remove programs from control panel, deleted all folders in appdata/roaming/virtuali
- started FSX, closed FSX.
- installed a previous version 1.3 from GSX ==> same problem.

One thing I noticed is that GSX does not rebuild the scenery cache (or something like that, you know the message in red with percentage raising) when I start a new flight, whereas before, it always updated (I could see the message bar with the text in red) when the flight was loaded at any airport (default or addon).

There must be something that blocks GSX from updating but I don't know what.

Stéphane

dolor

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 10:43:01 am »
Do you have Windows 7?

You might have a problem with your UAC.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 10:51:29 am »
One thing I noticed is that GSX does not rebuild the scenery cache (or something like that, you know the message in red with percentage raising) when I start a new flight, whereas before, it always updated (I could see the message bar with the text in red) when the flight was loaded at any airport (default or addon).

It's not supposed to update the scenery cache when starting a new flight! The ONLY time you should see that message, is if you install a new scenery OR change the loading order of existing sceneries in the Scenery Library.

In fact, if you had GSX updating the cache at *every* flight, that would be exactly an indication of the reported problem, usually caused by permission error in your user account.

You can force a complete scenery cache rebuild, buy removing the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes