Author Topic: NGX OPEN DOOR 3 ?????  (Read 14764 times)

747Fan

Re: NGX OPEN DOOR 3 ?????
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »
I did this in the first place.
Just did the following, closed all, restarted the PC and it is still the same.
I load the plane and the GSX.cfg file still looks the same including all the servise entries.
When I open the cfg file that is resident under C:\Users\Flight\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\gsx.cfg - the entries are not there.Something doesn't seem to update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 12:08:35 pm »
Be sure you don't have *antother* GSX.CFG file in the airplane root folder.

In any case, there shouldn't be any need for a GSX.CFG file in the first place for the NGX, since the airplane is already fully customized so, you can even remove it.

747Fan

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 12:10:58 pm »
I tried the again after restarting the PC, it is still the same.
The cfg file under C:\Users\Flight\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\gsx.cfg is without any additional entry under "service2".
When I load the plane and look under the drop down box "edit GSX file" the Service2 entry is completely different and is the same as pictured earlier

747Fan

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 12:20:35 pm »
sorry still the same. I've deleted the C:\Users\Flight\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\gsx.cfg file.
Reloaed the plane and the service entry is still there asking for the door3 to be openend.
When I try to delete the entry through the editor it doesn't seem to be saving anything. I press the save button,
the service stops. Restart the service, open the editor file and the same entry is there.

747Fan

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 01:16:57 pm »
Well it seems I am back in business.
I tried the Editor again, saved the file, closed FSX, restarted FSX and no more requests for a dorr 3 coming through.
Thanks for our help
Peter Heyn
YMML :D

D_mitris

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 05:47:40 am »
Sorry to be a wet blanket but I am having the same issue with the default 737-800.  Door 3 will not open for catering after update 1.4.

Here is my cfg ..

[aircraft]
nosegear = 12.3
refueling = 1
absoluteheights = 1

[exit1]
pos = -1.6 11.25 2.85 5.0
code = 1
name = exit 1

[exit2]
remove = 1

[exit3]
remove = 1

[exit4]
pos = -1.6 -15.6 3.15 -6.0
code = 1
name = exit 1

[service1]
pos = 1.6 11.65 2.85 -5.0
code = 3
name = exit 3

[service2]
pos = 1.4 -15.6 3.15 6.0
code = 3
name = exit 3

[cargo1]
pos = 0.95 7.7 1.5 0.0
code = 2
name = exit 2
uldcode = AUTO

[cargo2]
pos = 0.75 -11.7 1.9 0.0
code = 2
name = exit 2
uldcode = AUTO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 02:28:33 pm »
Sorry to be a wet blanket but I am having the same issue with the default 737-800.

No, you are not. The issue with the PMDG was that, by adding a code to a door, will lose the internal customization for that airplane that, in case of the PMDG is made with a custom variable.

Door 3 will not open for catering after update 1.4.

Please explain better what you are saying: If the door 3 doesn't OPEN on your airplane (which is seems to be the problem, reading your message verbatim), this doesn't obviously have *anything* to do with GSX.

In fact, by default, the Exit 3 on the default 737-800, with the aircraft.cfg as supplied by Microsoft, DOES NOT OPEN AT ALL. It's the GSX installer that FIX this, by changing the following (WRONG) line in the original aircraft.cfg of the 737-800:

number_of_exits=2

INTO THIS

number_of_exits=3

This control if you can OPEN the door or not in FSX. If you restored the original default aircraft.cfg for some reason, you'll lose the FIX that was made by the GSX installer.

This concludes actual doors OPERATION.

What the GSX.CFG file controls is NOT the door OPERATION. Is how GSX REACTS to the door's status (open/closed) or it's very presence.

There are no problems in your GSX.CFG, other than it shouldn't be needed at all for the default 737-800, since it's an already fully supported airplane. However, having one should cause any problem, and the code = 3 is correct for the Service doors.

But, as I've said, if your problem is the doors simply doesn't open, that's nothing related to GSX at all: either you haven't properly pressed the keys, or the aircraft.cfg was restored to default.

D_mitris

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 04:54:05 pm »
which section of the aircraft.cfg should I add the line about the exits.   I searched it and did not see "number of exits" listed.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 05:02:34 pm »
I searched it and did not see "number of exits" listed. 

The [Exits] section. Fact you don't find that line, might be an indication of a problem.

D_mitris

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 05:07:51 pm »
Issue is fixed now thanks to your help.    I misunderstood initially and was looking in the fsx.cfg for some odd reason.   I then checked the 737-800 aircraft.cfg and the error was there as you stated.  It said exits=2 and I changed this to 3.    All is well !

I think what threw me off was that we just had an update and I saw the posts about the doors for everyone so I drew a conclusion without getting all the facts first.