FS9 support > Los Angeles support FS9

[FIX INCLUDED] Missing roadway entry pylon night textures (and others)

<< < (3/4) > >>

CaptKornDog:
Great to hear I'm not the only one with the missing pylon night textures!  Thanks for the reply!

CaptKornDog:
Hello,

Any chance there are any updates to this?  (It's been about two months since I've heard anything).

Thanks.

virtuali:
It's on the to-do list of things that will have to be addressed by the scenery developer, as soon CYVR gets released. I'm sorry, but you have to accept the fact that support for FS9 products is not given the highest priority, especially for issues like these, which are mainly cosmetic.

CaptKornDog:

--- Quote from: virtuali on August 24, 2012, 04:01:24 pm ---It's on the to-do list of things that will have to be addressed by the scenery developer, as soon CYVR gets released. I'm sorry, but you have to accept the fact that support for FS9 products is not given the highest priority, especially for issues like these, which are mainly cosmetic.

--- End quote ---

I understand that you, as an organization, are busy.  However, unfortunately, I'd have to say that any scenery I purchase is a cosmetic product for FS and I would expect cosmetics to be a priority.  If it gives it higher priority or eases with troubleshooting, I see the exact same problem in FSX (FS9 is just my main simulator).  I can post this thread in the FSX forum as well, if it helps.

Since I understand the team is developing CYVR, this is why I asked above where night textures for pylons reside so I can at least see if a) I have the file and b) perhaps do some of my own troubleshooting.  I would imagine this would take 10 minutes or less to track down and allow me to provide more information on the problem; hence remove some of the burden of customer support from FSDT.

Thank you.  I continue to look forward to a resolution (even after CYVR) so I can fully enjoy the product I paid for, especially at night.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: CaptKornDog on September 02, 2012, 05:14:44 pm ---However, unfortunately, I'd have to say that any scenery I purchase is a cosmetic product for FS and I would expect cosmetics to be a priority.
--- End quote ---

That's your own priority, which is not necessarily the one and only. We give functionality a larger priority that such cosmetic issues ESPECIALLY in FS9, see below.

--- Quote --- If it gives it higher priority or eases with troubleshooting, I see the exact same problem in FSX (FS9 is just my main simulator).  I can post this thread in the FSX forum as well, if it helps.
--- End quote ---

No, FSX doesn't show the problem. It can't show the problem to begin with, because pylons in FSX are handled in an entirely different way than FS9, as an interactive "program" running in the Couatl interpreter, while in FS9 they are standard static object.

This is of course confirmed by the attached FSX screenshot which I've just made now so, I can confirm this is an FS9 ONLY problem and, as such, ON TOP of being just a cosmetic issue, it's an FS9-only issue and it's the COMBINATION of being "cosmetic and FS9 only" which gave it a lesser priority.

A cosmetic-only issue in FSX would have already been fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version