Author Topic: New legacy Bug on the horizon...  (Read 26409 times)

SUBS17

Re: New legacy Bug on the horizon...
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 03:07:23 am »
SUBS, The TacPack will not "give" aircraft a FLIR. The number of hoops that the VRS dev team had to jump through to get a separate DirectX view to render on a 3d gauge is impressive, to say the least. Getting that to work on other A/C will take more than just using variables in the TacPack module.

Well actually yes it will give FLIR from what I understand of the SDK when they finally release it although it was stated that such a developer would have to add the feature themselves. IMO these devs should talk to Sludge and his team and maybe pay them to help make it is detailed as possible. From what I understand if its going to have Tacpac then surely it would be about something close to VRS SH detail.

Timghetta

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 05:41:18 pm »
What I can say about the IRIS Legacy Hornet.

Hello everyone,

I am the guy who did the modeling for the Aerosoft F-16 and the new IRIS F-15E. (I appreciate the HUD compliment, Thank you.) I used basically the same techniques and also some new ones from David at Iris with the new F-15E's HUD, along with a great coder who did the HUD gauge which brings it to the Aerosoft F-16 standard IMHO. Now I am not trying to sell a product, I just want to give a little information out of what Iris is trying to do. There is a lot of simulated systems in the new F-15E, very deep systems and with the new update soon to come out, you will see so revised flight model that is very dead on concerning any over powering mentioned and drag characteristics. Now the F-15E for Iris was a milestone, a new level in developing for them and new ideology that will reflect in future projects.

Personally I am not doing the 3d modeling on this new Hornet, a very talented gentleman by the name of Jose Valdez is. He has a great eye for shapes and I think he will perform well. I will how ever say with the things I brought to Iris, and what they already have done, they will make a great Hornet. I offered to them to even help so the VC is accurate and detailed with whatever they need. I will even give them some things that will enhance that product such as AB, ejection seat, and so on. what ever I can help with, David will get it from me. 

Another thing they will use is the new flight dynamic modeling, the person WHO is an aeronautical engineer and has been playing with FSX for some time. He did our new flight model in the F-15E (which the update is not out yet), because exactly how you put it, it was over powered. So we went further to find someone who could rework a new FDE to an accurate level. Along with the a RW RAAF Hornet pilot on staff I think they will get it right. All of these areas I am sure that Iris should show considerable improvement on and would expect a very good product to come out.

With that said, I hope others, such as Sludge and anyone who can help with the expertise of doing the aircraft could come forward so when she is all done it will show to be a fantastic and once and for all final chapter to a good legacy Hornet for FSX that we as a community can get behind.

-Tim

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »
Tim...

With that said, I hope others, such as Sludge and anyone who can help with the expertise of doing the aircraft could come forward so when she is all done it will show to be a fantastic and once and for all final chapter to a good legacy Hornet for FSX that we as a community can get behind.

I'd definately help to make this a good product as I'm all for giving inputs to help your team out, as I'm sure others here (CAPT, Mike) probly are as well.

Just PM me with contact details, so we can touch base and make a point of contact outside this forum.

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:15 pm »
Tim,

Count me in, glad to help. Good to hear they have a pro team assembled over at IRIS, hopeful for amazing things.

-CAPT
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Orion

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »
I'd be glad to help as well. :)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:54 pm »
Please count me in as well  ;D

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Timghetta

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 11:36:29 pm »
That's great to hear, Guys...

I will get with David on this.

Letourn

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 01:28:46 am »
I can't wait to get that Bug with all of you working with Iris on that project

Ray

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 01:38:10 am »
What I can say about the IRIS Legacy Hornet.

Hello everyone,

I am the guy who...

-Tim

Thanks Tim for the insight! Nice to hear all that!

From a post the developer made at the SOH forums (in regards to a link to this thread):

Quote from: joanvalley
Oh we know that!...

Jose Valdez.

Thanks Orion and Jose for your help and clarification! Also, I did not want to offend anyone's hard work here, it was meant as constructive critisism. (I once got "shot-down" by some other developer when pointing out obvious (to any Hornet fan at least) 3d modeling errors during the development phase of their fighterjet, so I am careful now). I am a die-hard Legacy Hornet fan, and I am very happy that someone is seriously tackling on a new, lovely detailed Baby-Hornet for FSX, finally!

Thanks again,
Ray

SUBS17

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 02:09:46 am »
I have some markings for skins for Hornets I've done in the past for FSX, Falcon 4 OF/F4AF. If you have a template I can make a few skins if you like. eg Spain, RNoAF. etc.

Timghetta

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 03:19:56 am »
Thanks Tim for the insight! Nice to hear all that!

Thanks Orion and Jose for your help and clarification! Also, I did not want to offend anyone's hard work here, it was meant as constructive critisism. (I once got "shot-down" by some other developer when pointing out obvious (to any Hornet fan at least) 3d modeling errors during the development phase of their fighterjet, so I am careful now).

Hi Ray,

Personally I love to hear insight on a project. It's what a forum is for, and if another person can spot an error it's best to get that information, especially before there is a real problem.

To Everyone,

I must mention that the project is really early and could be a some months before any real milestones. I know I have a F-22 revamping for Iris coming soon, and I am working on a project for myself in the meantime. As soon as it really starts picking up, hopefully we can coordinate a successful interaction with everyone and really nail the legacy hornet to it's rightful place, as kick ass!!!

So I will talk to David and Jose and we will see if they can get some sort of progress going in the near future.

-Tim

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 08:11:50 pm »
I just love being a part of this forum.

Orion

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 01:23:07 am »
A note for Umberto for when he comes across it:

Quote from: joanvalley
Anybody from FSDREAMTEAM could ask the admins of your forum if they could accept my registration over at your forums please? I'd like to talk to you guys at your forum about the F-18 and its development but it's been a couple of days since I registered but haven't been accepted. My username is the same as here: joanvalley

Thanks!

Jose Valdez.

Originally posted at Sim-Outhouse: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?65481-Leaked-new-Iris-Legacy-Hornet&p=707753&viewfull=1#post707753

joanvalley

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 10:53:28 pm »
Well, I'm here now guys! Thank you all for your comments and I hope I can answer all your questions about the project as I can, some stuff are still in the "dark" as we don't know if we're implementing them or not, but our aim is to make a butt kicking legacy hornet, or hornets I may say (the C and D models). The project has started with the 3d model as you can all see on my page on FB: www.facebook.com/Angel3dStudio

My aim is to build both C and D versions and then two more variations, the D(RC) and Blue Angels C/D (guns removed, minus antennas, glossy fuse, etc...)

Your comments, suggestions, criticisms are WELCOME. I don't like getting involved in flame wars or "you said, I said..." type of arguments, and I can see that this is a smart and caring community at FSDreamteam so please bear with me if I don't answer what I don't seem fit.

Thank you all again and I am here now to discuss the Legacy Hornet.

Jose Valdez.

DigitAL

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 06:04:18 am »
Wow! this seems like it's off to an epic start and my interests are surely piqued...awesome!