Author Topic: Next military jet for acceleration  (Read 51115 times)

SUBS17

Re: Next military jet for acceleration
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2008, 02:18:44 am »
Heres the video:
Fo video

IMO its probably better to make an addon than it is to make a whole new sim from the ground up.

SUBS17

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2008, 02:23:47 am »
I have to admit ,this is all very interesting .I too would be very VERY excited of the prospect of a full
combat version of FSX.Unfortunatly the thought of updating my computer once again (for no other
reason than to run the latest sim) is ,or would be a difficult sell.I think and would prefer add ons along
the lines of the Acceleration pack ,with "enhancements" of course.The programming expertise of Aces
should find within there capability to produce a quality millitary expansion pack and that way those who
prefer civillian only, need not buy
My 2 cents
Randy           

I doubt that aces could ever produce anything at this level of detail and even if they tried it would take several years to get even half way since FS ain't got the features required to produce such a sim. MSESP could but going down that road would still not produce a dynamic campaign or the other effects required from a combat sim. As for system specs got to wait out on that one.

SUBS17

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2008, 02:29:31 am »
I agree FSX is not the place for air combat but this sim here is:
FighterOps interview
Some people say that fighter ops is genuine "vaporware". At least they have a video now, but still they have to prove they are really producing something.

Yeah its taken a while for them to get to the level where they finally released a video the good thing is hopefully they might get the 1st release out in the next 1.5 to 2 years going from what I've seen in the video. Considering its being made part time hopefully things will happen quicker when they get the 1st release out they can start making some money from the project and we'll see some real decent action in MP with it.

Intrepid

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2008, 10:41:50 pm »

I doubt that aces could ever produce anything at this level of detail and even if they tried it would take several years to get even half way since FS ain't got the features required to produce such a sim. MSESP could but going down that road would still not produce a dynamic campaign or the other effects required from a combat sim. As for system specs got to wait out on that one.
[/quote]

The one thing that amazes me is what good programers CAN do with something after the fact  (FSX , from when it started compared to after sp2)
But whatever or however they come out with there next creation I am sure we all will be " Blown away " :o (pun intended)
I am just itchin to see what is comming next 8)
Randy

Razgriz

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2008, 12:31:34 am »
In fact, to make FSX a combat simulator, you would need extra dll's that FSX.exe would read properly to get any kind of lock and fire at all.  If you can get a missile to shoot in the game, you can make it a full blown amazing combat simulator.  You just need to know your programming.

SUBS17

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2008, 08:34:40 pm »
In fact, to make FSX a combat simulator, you would need extra dll's that FSX.exe would read properly to get any kind of lock and fire at all.  If you can get a missile to shoot in the game, you can make it a full blown amazing combat simulator.  You just need to know your programming.

You need alot more than that combat sims are immensely complex compared to a flight sim.
Radar Air/Air mode
Radar Air/Ground mode
RWR
damage model
weapons flight model
weapons effect model
ground object damage model
ECM
ESM
ECCM
ground object AI
aircraft AI
missile seeker limits
missile FM
HAVQUICK radio freq
TACAN
LSO AI
CARRIER ATC
AI Logistics support
Aircraft maintenance
Dynamic campaign
IFF
AWACs
AI radar
ATC
Inflight refuelling tanker
Tanker AI
refuelling script for AI jets
MP compatibility and stability
Tanker TACAN
FLIR
LGBs
Buddy Lasing

And thats just a few features that would be required they also require military consultants and constant testing to ensure that it works properly and doesn't break any law or reveal any secret information not allowed to the public. Its not just about dropping bombs or shooting missiles its a whole enviroment in a sim and even the missiles are immensely complex such as the Aim120 which use the launch aircrafts radar(or wingmans radar) until the 120s seeker goes active which can home on jam etc. Dropping bombs can also be quite complex since there are 5 modes of delivery from CCIP, CCRP, LADD, DTOS, manual etc. You've got burst altitude for cluster bombs and arming delay plus fuse selection for nose or tail and other profiles that can also be used. I think for an F-14 addon you can put something in there that touchs on the combat aspect perhaps a Topgun mission pack and use the radar for the F-14 to use a simulated dogfight where the losers aircraft might have smoke released if its hit. The only problem here is the MP side of it as will FSX allow smoke to be released after a simulated guns hit. Missiles would be a problem you can do simulated dogfights with IR missiles but actually launching missiles and having aircraft explode might be tricky for FSX as it ain't really designed for that.

Razgriz

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2008, 10:35:19 pm »
I said make it a full blown simulator.  If all I got was locking on, firing missiles, or dropping bombs, I wouldn't even consider it worth it.  I already knew all that...

SUBS17

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2008, 05:42:52 am »
Some good missions for and FSX expansion could be:
ramp start
take off / land
Nav mission fly to the Carrier from the airbase
Carrier take off / landings
Inflight refuelling
CAP with a couple of neutral aircraft.
SARCAP after allied aircraft crashes in hostile waters
Topgun missions
1 vs 1
2 vs 1
2 vs 2
2 vs 4
4 vs 4
2 vs 8
(Gunzo/heaters)
Topgun trophy competition
MP missions
NAV mission to Carrier
Traps and CAT launches + inflight refuelling
Topgun Trophy
Dogfight F-14 vs Hornet

Just a few ideas ;) (Could even include hornet missions for Topgun as well)

Razgriz

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2008, 05:45:15 am »
Sounds awesome.

Bullseye

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2008, 12:58:48 pm »
YEAH it rocks, but who? who can or will do this?...

Bullseye

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 04:42:34 pm »
I'm in for the F-14, I'd like version 'B' and 'D' :) It would be very cool escpecially with such a nice cockpit like in the F/A-18A!

Elias

shylock

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2008, 09:52:52 pm »
I'd like to see a F-16. Just like they did with the Hornet where you have the different skins. This time they can do all 6 thunderbirds. I know they say they have tons of F-16's out there for download, but I have never tested a F-16 where everything on the pan;es worked and had realistic flight character abilities. With that I think a F-16 with the Thunderbirds would be a nice addition.

Razgriz

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2008, 04:37:30 am »
I'd like to see a F-16. Just like they did with the Hornet where you have the different skins. This time they can do all 6 thunderbirds. I know they say they have tons of F-16's out there for download, but I have never tested a F-16 where everything on the pan;es worked and had realistic flight character abilities. With that I think a F-16 with the Thunderbirds would be a nice addition.

I second that, no quality F-16's.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2008, 01:52:30 pm »
I second that, no quality F-16's.

No F-16 coming from us. Aerosoft is doing one, which should be quite good and, since we have a good business relationship with them for several things, it wouldn't make much sense to overstep each other with similar products.

Intrepid

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2008, 07:26:52 pm »
Raz you should check out that F-16 that Virtuali mentioned
http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=16110&st=40&start=40
you will be amazed,looks cool
Randy