Author Topic: Pushback Crash  (Read 3859 times)

NMG

• NMG Trading - South African Airport Scenery
Pushback Crash
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:59:09 am »
I am a scenery developer that develops scenery for South African airports. One of my clients requested that I update my airports to allow for the fluent operation of GSX. It already works as is, but I am now updating the parking spots for better positioning of the service vehicles. I am also designing my own INI files for the airports.

I am busy working on King Shaka International (FALE). This airport is not included in the default FSX since it did not exist in 2006 when FSX was released. The airport opened in March 2010 shortly before the World Cup 2010.

The problem I have is that the push back section of GSX crashes at Gates Alpha and Delta. They work perfectly at Gates Charlie and Bravo. At first I figured that it must be something in the design of the package, so I pulled the airport apart until there was just the AFCAD on the ground. That did not solve anything.

This is the error I get:

couatl v2.0 (build 2303)
panic log started on Wed Apr 11 06:36:47 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 292, in do
IndexError: pop from empty list

I am stomped!  ???  I use AFX / Airport Studio to design all my airport AFCAD files with. It works on the default FSX airports that I have enhanced, but not on this new non-default FSX airport. I do not think it can be the AFCAD. If it is, then why does the push back work on all the other airports? It is definitely some sort of interference that is causing the error, but I have no idea what! I don;t use any funny stuff in any of my airports. No DLL or EXE's that can cause anything. Just standard FSX animation.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, then I will greatly appreciate it!  ;D

Kind Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Crash
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:24 am »
It would be easier if you just send us your AFCAD, even by email, use the mail address on the "Contact Us" page.

NMG

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 01:38:28 pm »
It would be easier if you just send us your AFCAD, even by email, use the mail address on the "Contact Us" page.

Will do so! Thanks for the help!   ;D

NMG

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:31:22 am »
I have found the solution to this problem and I am posting it here for everyone else.

The Couatl Script Engine seems to be quite a jittery little thing! If the airport AFCAD is too complex with too many nodes in the taxi lines, then it gives-up and crash!

In my airports, I like to draw the taxiway lines just as they are in real life. This means that I have to add additional nodes just to get the look and feel correct. This is a big NO-NO for the Couatl Engine! The taxiway line system at some airports are just too complex for the Script Engine and that is when the pulling of hair starts and some of us go bald before our time!  ::)

Some tips:
  • If you have parking bays on opposite sides of a taxiway, try to link them to main taxiway using just one node. DO NOT create nodes too close to one another to link taxiways.
  • Try to design your AFCAD with as little nodes as possible. The simpler the AFCAD the better the Couatl Script Engine will interpret it!

Regards,